15

❣︎

❣︎

"Your mother bought you a puppy?"

Eunbi nodded, cheerfully scooping the small animal into her arms. Sunghoon could only watch her happily hug the small dog, peppering feathery kisses on its face.

The ghost crossed his arms, narrowing his eyes at the furry animal. He couldn't even touch the thing nor could the dog see him. Sometimes, he wanted to throw the puppy out, seeing how Eunbi had all her attention focused on the tiny animal.

"His name?" Sunghoon asked.

"Taki," the girl briefly answered.

"Why?"

"I don't know. He's just cute."

Yes, the puppy was a male, a small labrador retriever that needed attention twenty-four seven to which Eunbi happily gave him. She snuggled him in bed, carried him around, sometimes even made him watch movies with her, completely forgetting about the ghost that lingered in her room, watching the two with blazing eyes.

Later that night when Eunbi was asleep, the puppy crawled out of bed and walked with his tiny paws towards the kitchen where his bowl of water was placed. He eagerly started lapping up the liquid, unaware of the vicious spirit that hung above him.

Sunghoon from above the counter glared at the small puppy. "So you think you're all tough, huh?"

Of course, the dog did not reply.

"Eunbi is mine, to begin with! You're stealing her away." He huffed angrily, laying back on the counter in frustration.

He stared at the small puppy that trudged his way back into Eunbi's room.

"You're cute...but Eunbi is cuter."

❣︎