Mudblood

"Those are mine, Theo..."

"No, they are not! Why were they on my bed then!"

Draco opened his eyes to see both of his friends pulling on a single sock as they continued to bicker. He laughed and rolled out of bed, his feet touching the cold stone floor. Draco moved to the bathroom, where he went to go put on his uniform and slick his hair back like usual. When he came out, the sock was now ripped and laid on the floor.

"Look what you've done!" Theo threw his hands up and quickly grabbed another pair and ran out of the dorms.

"He's been acting so weird, over a sock...I was only messing with him," Blaise said, rolling his eyes and pointing his wand at the sock mumbling reparo. Blaise picked up the sock and shoved it into his robe pocket and ran out of the dorms.

"Should I have told them that was my sock?" Crabbe said, appearing behind him. Draco smacked his head and walked out of the dorms following Blaise.

Draco entered the Great Hall, followed by Crabbe and Goyle, when he noticed that Harry and Ron were sitting at the Gryffindor table like they have been here the entire time. Draco quickly ran to the Slytherin table and took a seat across from Pansy. He didn't have to say anything as Pansy looked up and smiled.

"Apparently they missed the train and flew here with a car and then crashed into the whomping willow on the grounds. I thought they would have gotten expelled, but as it turns out, Potter's luck has come back for another year." Pansy said before taking another bite of her ham.

Draco wasn't shocked. At this point, Potter was never going to get in any serious trouble regardless of what happens. He eyed the Trio until he heard the noise of entering the Great Hall.

Draco wasn't expecting anything; he still had the letter for his father in his pocket. He meant to send it before Breakfast, but hunger overtook that decision.

An owl swooped down and dropped a letter in front of Theo and Pansy. Draco watched as they opened their letters and looked immediately more annoyed than anything. He tried to flash them a reassuring smile, but he realized quickly he wasn't great at consoling people. Draco reached for his goblet to take a drink of his pumpkin juice when he noticed an owl sitting next to him with a letter in its beak addressed to Draco Malfoy.

He grabbed the letter out of his beak and quickly opened it. Who would have written to him, and why?

Dear Draco,

Snape oweled me last night to tell me of your new position as Slytherin Seeker. He also mentioned the team's need for new brooms. I have bought the entire team Nimbus 2001's and they should arrive before the start of your practices. I will be attending your first match against Gryffindor at the beginning of the season. Good job.

Lucius Malfoy

Draco hid the letter quickly.

"Good Job"

Draco felt his face heat up. Those two words meant so much to him, and he wasn't even sure his father meant it.

"What's up with you?" Blaise smirked, noticing Draco's changed attitude.

"Nothing, I-" Draco began before a woman's voice boomed over the chatter of children.

"- STEALING THE CAR, I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY'D EXPELLED YOU, YOU WAIT TILL I GET HOLD OF YOU, I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU STOPPED TO THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW IT WAS GONE –"

Draco and the others stood up, looking for the source of the nose. His eyes landed on a flaming red-letter right in front of Ronald Weasley's face. It was a Howler.