The Old Man

"You are not to leave this house young lady you know the consequences" the words kept swirling through my head. Why won't father let me leave the horrible house! So what if Joseph Pulitzer is some big name in the city its not like people are out to get his daughters! Yes that's
right I'm the daughter of the rich Joseph Pulitzer owner of the World news paper and trust me it's not all that good being rich. I just want to get out of this house and explore New York! I only leave the house once or twice a week to go to stupid fancy dinners and party's. I don't know maybe I'll sneak out of the house. no, I can't iv never broken a big rule before and if daddy says to stay here then I must even as much as I hate it! I should go and apologize to father I know he is only trying to do what's best for me and maybe he will see how responsible I am and let me go out with the maids tomorrow. I walk into my fathers office. "Father I'm so very sorry I was not happy with you and would not understand that I am not allowed out of the house." " Oh it's fine dear just understand I'm doing this for you." I'm glad he is happy with me again I can now ask to leave with the maids. "Father please let me go out under the protection of the maids tomorrow while they run there errands!" "Now Lucille, princess you herd what i said before-" "yes but I'll be safe with the maids!" I say cutting father off." well alright but make sure Katherine gos with you as well I want her to keep an eye on you." I'm so happy father will let me go! "thank you father you won't regret it!"