• THIRTEEN •

2015

2015

"Yeah I think we've lost the element of suprise." Clint said over the comm.
"Ya think?"

Cassandra yelled, and stuck a knife into a guard's throat. She didn't give him enough time to even scream for help. Cassandra heard footsteps behind her, and she stuck and arm out, and shot the in the chest.

"Show off." Tony said as he flew past her.
"Tony you have a metal suit."
"How'd you even know how to get in here?"
"Hydra never changed their access passwords, guard routes, or secret entrys."
"You know Aunt Cass, you're a lot smarter than you look."
"Thank you Tony, now get to work."

Cassandra ran off, speeding through the corridors of the base.

"Clint's been hit." Natasha's voice warned.
"Блядь." Cassandra cursed.
"Stark, we're really need to get inside." Steve's voice crackled.
"I'm closing in."

A few moments later, Tony spoke again.

"Drawbridge is down, people."
"Clint's hit pretty bad, guys. We're gonna need evac."

Cassandra jumped up gracefully onto a ledge, and took the rifle from her back, positioning it on her shoulder, watching for guards who would be running by.

She pulled the trigger at a group and hit on, reloading quicker than the men could handle, shooting them all down.

"Find the scepter." Thor said, as if it wasn't obvious.
"And for gosh sake, watch your language!" Tony yelled teased Steve.
"We're locked down out here." Natasha said.
"Locked down in here too. Thor can you come get me?" Cassandra asked.

She hopped into the window above her head, swinging from the pipe and jumping onto the roof. Thor landed beside her with a thud, and looked down at her.

"Hold on." He said, wrapping an arm around her waist.

She flew through the air, not bothering to look down. Heights made her nervous. Falling from a train would provide for some fear a heights.

Thor dropped her on the ramp of the ship, and she ran up it, swinging into the med room. Clint was laying on a table, white gauze stuffed in his side.

"We have a second enhanced. Female. Do not engage."
"Copy that." Cassandra muttered.

Clint was groaning in pain. She sat next to him, grabbing onto his hand that wasn't pressing his wound. Natasha walked on other the ship later, noticing Cassandra's dropped knife on the ground, and she turned the sharp corner to the med room.

"Cassandra."
"Natasha what happened?"
"The enhanced kid. Stabbed him with his own arrow."
"If we ever see them again, I call first dibs on ripping his soul from his body." Cassandra growled.

Natasha didn't say anything, she squeezing his other hand as a response. Cassandra heard the rest of the team walk onto the ship. Thor, Tony, and Steve were talking about some party that Tony was having, Cassandra didn't care, she was already going anyways. And it was inescapable, she lived in the tower that said party was being thrown in.

A tear fell down her face, plummeting to the floor. Natasha left the room, in search of Bruce. The woman insisted that there was nothing between them, but Cassandra knew better.

"Are you crying?" Thor asked, walking up behind her.

She flicked a spare dagger at him carelessly. He ducked out of the way, and caught the small knife.

"Never sneak up behind me." Cassandra threatened, wiping the tears off her face.
"I shall never make such a mistake again."
"Thank you Thor."

She sighed, and watched Thor turn around and go out through the doorway. She tried to center her breathing, not in the mood for an anxiety attack, but she couldn't do it.

The air felt sucked from her lungs, it felt like it was being sucked out of the room. The walls closed in, until she was confined to a small box, unable to get out. She dropped to her knees, curling them to her chest. Uncontrollable tears fell down her face, and a short, strangled whimper came from her throat.

"Natasha! Natasha!" Cassandra called helplessly.

Heavy footsteps came her way, arms lifting her up. A hand grabbed her's, rubbig circles in her palm, begging her to calm down. Someone propped her against the wall, a fuzzy blonde shape.

"Cassandra!" The voices were echoing, making it impossible for her to tell who said what.
"Barnes!"
"Cass!"
"Aunt Cass!"

Somebody pressed something to her side, electricity pulsing through her veins, waking her up. She gasped, her eyesight focusing on the number of people huddled around her. It took her a moment to catch her breath.

Natasha and Steve lifted her up, and Natasha set her down in a chair beside Clint. She gestured that Steve and the rest of them go away, before kneeling down in front of Cassandra. Tears still trailing uncontrollably down her cheeks, she explained what happened.

"Thor came up behind me, I didn't know, and I threw a knife at him, which he caught. He was checking to see if I was ok, and I said I was, so he left. And then the walls started caving in, I couldn't breathe. I don't know what started it, how it even happened, but it was worse than before," Cassandra explained.
"It was definitely worse than before."

Natasha gave her friend a hug, letting go of Cassandra's hand. Cassandra returned it, holding on tight. They let go, and Natasha wiped a few tears off her face, and stood up, stretching an arm to Cassandra. She tried to refuse, but Natasha wouldn't let her.

"Nat, I just need to think for a while."
"You cannot be left alone until we touch the ground young lady."
"Then you're staying in here."
"If I have too."
"You're ridiculous."
"I know."

hello humans!!
who even knows what a human is, like i don't even think i know anymore.
love you 3000-