• NINETEEN •

2015

2015

The android, Vision, handed the hammer to Thor, everyone watching in shock. After a lengthy argument between, well, everyone, Bruce almost choking the witch, Wanda, unconscious, Cassandra threatening to shoot the brother, Pietro, and a purple robot coming to life, they had finally settled sides, the twins and Vision being on their side, and had a plan.

Ultron was going to Sokovia, for an undisclosed reason, and he was gonna make the human race extinct, or something. Not that any of them knew how he was going to do it. But they were going to stop him.

•••••••••••

Cassandra was ushering people away from the city. Steve and Wanda were as well, Wanda using her powers to convince the people that they needed to leave. Then shooting happened.

"Go!" Steve shouted over the screams.
"Get off the bridge!"

People were running, being trampled, children being left behind in the mob. Cassandra picked up a little girl with bright blonde hair, and shoved the girl behind her. She shot at the robots, using a trash can lid to shield herself, like she'd seen Steve do, but she covered up her legs. The girl clung tight to her waist, and even with all the screams, and whining noises of the robots preparing to shoot, Cassandra could hear the poor kid crying.

Cassandra ducked into a building, watching as Tony flew by with a family in a bathtub. She looked out the window and behind her, making sure there were no threats.

"Как тебя зовут малыш?" Cassandra asked.
"Cаша."
"Саша, милый, ты говоришь по-английски?" Cassandra asked carefully.

Sasha nodded, and Cassandra grabbed both the little girl's hands. Looking her in the eyes, hoping she didn't look terrifying, she spoke slowly.

"It's gonna be ok sweetie. I'll get you out of here I promise."

Sasha nodded, tears welling in the poor girl's eyes. Cassandra picked her up, taking the trash can lid and covering Sasha fully, and herself as much as she could. Breaking through a window, she shot at the robots that had seen her.

Cassandra started running, running and running. She kept going, stealing ammo from Natasha. Running became the only thought in her head, not where she was going to put this child to protect her, not keeping herself from being shot, running, which had its consequences. Cassandra hadn't noticed the city was floating, until she was at the very edge of it. Cassandra stopped, quickly walking backwards, her legs jelly.

Steve and Natasha appeared next to her, glancing at Sasha, who tucked her head into Cassandra's shoulder.

"Where else am I gonna get a view like this?" Natasha asked wistfully.

The next thing that happened came as a shock to all three of them. Nick Fury's disembodied voice rang out through the destruction.

"Glad you like the view, Romanoff. It's about to get better," a Helicarrier floated into view, Cassandra shaking her head with a smile on her face.

"Nice right? I pulled her out of the moth balls with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do."
"Fury, you son of a bitch." Steve said.
"Oooh! You kiss your mother with that mouth?"

A few more Helicarriers flew up, life boats deploying from them. Pietro ran up next to them, taking in the sight of it all.

"This is S.H.I.E.L.D?" He asked.
"This is what S.H.I.E.L.D's supposed to be." Cassandra answered.
"This is not so bad."
"Let's load 'em up."

Cassandra ran onto the boat with Sasha and a number of others, helping them get into seats, and sitting Sasha with her family, who thanked her with tears in their eyes. She ran off, grabbing animals, children, and helping the occasional elderly get on. Once the boat was full, Cassandra ran back to get her friends.

"Natasha!"
"Cass!"
"Come on let's go!"
"Ok one sec," Natasha stabbed the robot in the control panel, and it shut down.

The ran to the boat, hopping in and sitting down as it flew off. She saw a figure running back towards the city, and grabbing a boy. The quinjet flew towards him, and in it was Ultron. Cassandra watched with wide eyes as bullets rained on her friend, but it was too late for her to save him. But then a flash of blue ran across, and the bullets stopped. She saw Clint get out, holding the boy, and dragging a bullet-covered Pietro Maximoff. Red mist blasted the boats back. Wanda must've known somehow.

She saw Clint get on safely, and before she could react the boats landed on the Helacarrier. She climbed out quickly, following Natasha in her sprint towards the bridge. She saw Tony and Rhodey fly by, Thor land with Steve on a jet, and Vision float down with Wanda in his arms. Natasha was recording something to the quinjet, which Bruce was on, but it cut out, and she hung her head.

But the people were safe, and Ultron was gone as Vision had claimed. Now they just had to find a place to put all these people.

i didn't like this chapter much either, but fight scenes are hard to write anyways, so that's ok. but, all we have is the epilogue now, and we are finished with this book!!
love you 3000-

 but, all we have is the epilogue now, and we are finished with this book!!love you 3000-