Teething

Kara was panicked. Lena had texted her a series of emojis that could only be described as chaos. For a minute, Kara wondered if Lena had let Alura type a message to her Mama. But then Lena didn't answer when Kara texted back a question mark, and so now she was worried.

Kara excused herself from the DEO duties as soon as she was able, and quite literally flew over to their apartment. "Lee? It's me. What's wrong?" she called, walking into the apartment, only to wince when she heard the sound of Alura wailing.

"I don't know!" Lena called back, her voice harried and panicked. "She's pulling at her gums and crying and----" she cut herself off, as if it had just dawned on her why their daughter could be so irritable.

"I'll get the teething ring." Kara promised quickly, hiding her smile behind the back of her hand as she rushed to get the ring from its place in the freezer.

"It's going to be ok now, pet. Mommy figured out what's wrong." Lena soothed, placing her finger on Alura's lips to let her suck on it until Kara returned with the teething ring. "I'm so sorry Mommy didn't realise sooner....." she whispered, heartbroken.

"It's alright, Mommy. Mama fixed it." Kara pointed out as she returned. Lena exchanged her finger, now exponentially more slobbery, for the teething ring.

"Your mama's a life saver. Isn't she, pet?" Lena leaned against Kara, utterly relieved that they could fix what their daughter was crying about. "Well, they don't call me Supergirl for nothing." Kara pointed out with a laugh. "Smart ass." Lena stuck her tongue out at Kara.