A Single Word

Kara hummed to a nursery rhyme from Krypton as she swung around the kitchen, Alura in her arms. Lena had temporarily lifted Kara's ban from the kitchen so that Kara could go about preparing Alura's bottles whilst Lena was gone at work, a fact that gave Kara much amusement. She could cook FINE, she kept trying to tell Lena.

Right now, however, Lena was down the hall, getting ready for work. Kara was making Lu's first bottle of the day. "Oh, Rao...." she muttered, frowning hard at the bottle which was refusing to warm in the microwave. Alura was getting increasingly fussy, which was never good. Finally deciding that the microwave just wasn't going to cut it, Kara used a bit of her heat vision to warm the bottle. "There."

"Kara Danvers, did you just use your superpowers to fix Lu's bottle?" Darn it. She'd been caught.

"Perhaps I did. But now it's warm enough, and no more. Lu was getting fussy!" she complained, turning to face Lena as she handed the little girl her bottle. "For Rao's sake, Lena. I didn't want her to start screaming." Kara pointed out in what she thought was a sensible tone of voice.

"Wao." A tiny voice echoed her, right before the noise of Lu sucking on her bottle was heard. Kara whipped her head up, looking at Lena in disbelief.

"Did she just.....?"

"I think she did." Lena's grin widened exponentially. "Congratulations, Mama. You've got a baby Kryptonian. Sort of." she amended.

Kara whirled around, her eyes filling with tears of joy. "I'm so proud of you, Lulu. Precious one, you made mama so happy. Can you say it again? Say, oh Rao."

"Mmffff." Alura pushed away her bottle, having had enough.

"Well, she said it once." Lena shrugged. "She'll say it again." She promised.

"I'm so proud of her." Kara kissed the top of Alura's red curls.

"Me too. I wish I didn't have to work now." Lena admitted with a little laugh, shaking out her long, black hair.

"We'll see you later, babe. Love you." Kara reached over to kiss her, and Alura grabbed Lena's hair. "Lu says bye, too."

"Bye Alura." Lena chuckled, shaking her head fondly.