Chapter 5 : I Will Put My Life On The Line Just For You Pt. 2

Narrator's POV

Last time where we left off, Giyuu and Shinobu went to a forest near Mt.Natagumo to find a demon who might be one of the Upper Moons. As they entered inside forest, they felt a huge amount of pressure behind their backs. Giyuu tried to see what was the source of the pressure but immediately got kicked on his side and crashed on nearby tree, going unconscious in the process.

Shinobu screamed Giyuu's name in horror and tried to see the demon who made him this way. To her surprise, it was the same demon who killed her sister all those years ago. With blinding rage, She tried to attack the demon but he ended up running away which made her irritated. Fueled with anger and revenge, she went after him, not noticing the blunder she made......

The name of the Demon was Dōma, The Upper Moon Rank 2, the second most strongest demon out of the Twelve Kizuki.

Shinobu fought Dōma with all of her might but to no avail......

In the end, she was defeated by him and fell into utter despair and was ready to sacrifice herself to kill him. As she was being absorbed, she closed her eyes and felt her life flashed inside her mind.

She regretted and cried not being able to fufill the promise she made to herself, bringing back Giyuu's smile.....

As she braced herself against death, she felt a strong but gentle tug behind her back, pulling her out from Dōma's body.

She opened her eyes to see Giyuu, warping his arm around Shinobu's body while the other one was pointing towards Dōma......

What will happen now? Will Giyuu defeat Dōma? Freeing Shinobu from the pain that she held for all those years. Or will he fail? Falling into the jaws of death along with Shinobu.

—————————————————

( Before the Fight Between Shinobu and Dōma ) ( Disclaimer : Imagine yourself that its winter and your surrounded by darkness ) ( Giyuu is having a dream since he got knocked out )

Giyuu's POV

It was a cold and dark, winter night.......

Eversince I lost my sister and my best friend, my life became so dull that I can only see the world as grey and black....

Nee-chan.......Sabito.......its so lonely without both of you here by my side.........

As thought to myself how things could have been different if they were both alive and well, I curled myself up to protect myself against the cold..........

I cried, cried and cried...............

Suddenly, I felt a slight touch on my head. I raised my head to see my sister standing right in front me....

"Nee-chan!!!!" I roared as I proceeded to hug her tightly.....

"Giyuu, its all fine now" she said to me with her same gentle and calming voice....

Confused by what she said I asked:

"What do you mean? Nee-chan"

"I heard what you said, You're not lonely anymore Giyuu" She said to me in a reassuring voice.

The moment she told those words to me, I realize the meaning behind them.......

"....Why I am so stupid?......." I said to myself jokingly.