Chapter 6 : The Confession

Narrator's POV

Last time where we left off, While Dōma and Shinobu were fighting, Giyuu was having dream where he is surrounded by a blizzard and darkness, slowly engulfing him......

Inside the dream, he kept crying and wishing how things could have been different if his sister and best friend were alive, how his lonliness was affecting his life. But amidst of being devoured by his depression, his sister suddenly appeared infront of him, comforting him and telling him that he wasn't alone anymore. Giyuu was struck by the sudden realization from the words his sister told to him, telling to himself how dense and stupid he was. 

After he woke up from his dream, Giyuu went searching for Shinobu as she was around the vacinity anxiously. He heard sounds of metal clashing violently, causing him going to the source to only see Shinobu being consumed by Dōma.

He rushed towards Shinobu, pulling her away from Dōma and covered her with his arm to tell her that it is safe.

In the other hand, Shinobu was angry due to Giyuu saving her but they managed to reconcile the moment Giyuu confessed to her, calming her down and releasing the burden she carried for so many years.

After that, Giyuu took Shinobu to a safe place where she can rest and heal her wounds and Giyuu reassured her that everything is alright.

Giyu went back and fought Dōma using the form he developed himself, beheading him and sending him into underworld where he is tortured for all eternity.........

After the fight, Giyuu went back to Shinobu as fast as he could so that he can patch her up.

He saw Shinobu looking for him endlessly using her head which made Giyuu chuckle a bit.

Giyuu went up to her and said that everything is now over which made her cry loudly, echoing throughout the forest, scaring the wild animals in the process.

Time stood still for them as they stared eachother under the moonlight.......

Under the moonlight, their shadows intertwined, indicating that their feelings for eachother are the same, filling the voids left by their past with happiness and relief......

They continued to kiss for a long time, forgetting the bad things that happens between them and their past.......

What will happen now? Will their relationship blossom? Giving them the everlasting happiness they needed. Or will it crumble? Giving them eternal sadness throughout their lives.

———————————————

Giyuu's POV

It has been 2 months since our encounter with Upper Moon Rank 2, Dōma.....

After the battle, I informed back to base about what happend in our mission using via Kasugai Crow which they received quickly and sent back-up Demon Slayers and The Kakushi to our location.

After they arrived, they checked our condition to see what was wrong. They that I only sustained broken bones and minimal bleeding from my head.

But what worried me the most was Shinobu's injuries.....

According to the Kakushi, she suffered major injuries like blood loss and internal bleeding in the lungs which surprised the Kakushi that she was still alive after the entire ordeal.

After that, we rushed back to the Butterfly Estate to get her treated as soon as possible. The moment we entered the estate, we immediately sent her to the medical room. I was immediately sent out to wait until they finished patching her up.