23

***

The greatest way to keep a memory, is to remember it.

***

"Asteria..look at me," I glance at him and for the second time he sealed my lips with his, We're at his favourite resort, casa d' letisha.

"Listen to me, I wanna clear things up. I want you to trust me" I gave him a nod before sipping my juice. He looked away before opening his mouth to speak. "Look, I know Sirina, she's the daughter of my mother's best friend, and.. It's true that I made a deal with my mom, I know that's a stupid deal, a stupid reason but I was so fucking desperate, thats why I agreed" he let out a heavy sighed, I intertwined our hands together to lessen the discomfort. "I was so stupid to not think of the consequences right after that, Akala ko kaya ko siyang mahalin, Akala ko matutunan ko siyang tanggapin, pero wala"

"She has the beauty the brain but all I can see is just a woman whom I agreed to marry just for my freedom, Asteria..I can't, I don't want her, I don't love her" his eyes pleaded, I don't know what to answer, I just tightened my hand on his.

"All I want is you, I love you" he massage his forehead while looking at me "She's coming home next week and I know my life will be a nightmare again"

"I love you Arawn, Always remember that, kay?"

"Ate, We need to talk" Akia has a serious face so I think I know what she's up to, and I'm nuts

"Look Aki.." she place her index finger to my lips to stop me from talking.

"Shhh shh shh, I'm mad. Like super mad" She look at the mirror beside her "wait do I look like I'm mad?"

"You're good, you speak well now" I said, she rolled her eyes that made me laugh

"Well yeah 'coz I didn't know that you enrolled me in a school where everyone speaks english"

"I'm sorry, okay" I shrugged

"It's not the tea today, mind if you tell me what's going on with you and kuya?"

Napapikit ako ng ilang minuto sa tanong niya at alam kong naghihintay siya sa sasagutin ko, ilang weeks ko din bang tinago sakanya..

"Kay so, I don't know where to start literally, what do you prefer long story or short?" She makes face so I raise an eyebrow "What?"

"Short! Yeah Short" I rolled my eyes

"He has a fiancé, named Sirina" I said with lightning speed, her eyes widened, as expected,

"WHAT!? Totoo po ba? Tell me you're not joking" I gave her the water bottle I'm holding she looks like she's going to faint.

"Yap, very true" she still look shocked, binagsak niya ang water bottle sa coffee table sa harap namin. "But, we're good, don't worry"

"Gosh, I regret now, I badly wants to hear the long story but I know you won't let me" she rolled her eyes again, looks like she's getting used to it. I wonder how many mean girls does she have in her school.

I got a call from Arawn so I immediately pick it up,

"Let's buy some books, Sale daw ngayon.. What do you think?" He asked straight to the point, I didn't even got to say hello or something