chapter 2

_Methusela_

"The next bus for Madhuraye will leave in one hour" was the answer Vaidehi got after her inquiry from the bus stop window.

"Thankyou." She say and sat down on the bench of Methusela's railway station and start looking outside. The rain was still pouring making the view even more breathtaking. The journey to Methusela was one day long but the view from the train made up for it. The city of Methusela is stoods proudly on the bank of Yamuna with its picture-postcard view. Vaidehi even tossed the coin -after seeing fellow passengers doing it- in the river Yamuna when the train crossed the Yamunanan bridge.

Well, who can blame the girl who never went anywhere except the states because her strict mother never allows it. It was even Vaidehi's first time to leave Neerpur and go to anywhere alone.

The moment she remembers her mother she felt a pang in her heart. Her mother missed her graduation ceremony. The special day of her went in vain when she doesn't find her mother's proud face in the crowd.

She tried to call her so many times that day thinking that maybe something drastic happen and that is why she is not present there. But it was her Roop Masi who called a day later and informed her that this time she have to spend her summer vacation with her father's side of family.

"But I don't want to" Vaidehi mumbled on the phone. She was trying her best to control her anger and irritation.

"Well you have to. It's your mother's final decision. They're already informed about your arrival and for god's sake Vaidu behave." Roop says sternly.

"Behave. Oh yes, I will behave. I will behave very properly there. So properly that they will rather want to invite a whole zoo than me next time." Vaidehi yelled and cut the phone call.

She was beyond angry. She wanted to scream at her mother's face. Angry tears starts coming out of her kohl laden eyes. Her mother knew it very well that she hate her father's side of family but still she want her to send there.

Her father's side of family never liked her very much-The reason is still unknown to her-.except her grandmother.

Vaidehi was raised by her grandmother Indrani. She lived with her untill her seventeen birthday. Her grandmaa was very sweet and caring lady who treasured her as her most prized possession.

According to her, everything that happens has god's plan behinds it. It was her grandmother faiths that make Vaidehi believes in god's.

But she died two years ago in a car accident. The taxi she was travelling on got caught in the accident with a truck leading to the death of the driver and her grandmother.

Vaidehi still remember how her mother hided the truth of her grandmother's death thinking she might not be able to handel it and she was right. She fainted at the sight of her grandmaa's body and was not able to regain her conciness for two days straight.

She felt distressed. Even though her heart was keep saying there must be a reason behind her mother's absence yet she can't help herself but feel betrayed. Afterall, she is now her only family.

Only Vaidehi knew how much jealousy she felt inside her heart at the graduation day when she saw her friends and classmates being all giddy and happy with their family while she stand their alone with no one at her side.

The feeling of loneliness was enough to fume her anger on her mother. She don't want to stay at her uncle's house -and no one can make her- but she also doesn't want to stay alone. So she did the only thing she think was right. She packed her bags and searched everything about Madhuraye in her computer even though there wasn't much to start with.