chapter 4

_Madhuraye_

"Yeah..I know..stop pestering me already.." the loud voice of a young man was booming from one of the most luxurious suite of the hotel. "Okay sorry..no..I'm not yelling..yes.. ofcourse I'm angry." He slammed one of his fist on the nearby table , the table shuddered and broke with a loud bang.

"Shit..not again..yes I'm listening Mom..stop crying for god's sake." Rudra was trying his very best to control his temper. But seems like his mother have different plans.

"Rudra..how many more days you're going to stay there? We all are worried about you." Rudra shifted his cellphone from one hand to other. His expression changes solemnly. "that's the main reason why I'm here."and with that he cut the phone call.

He had enough of this. Of all of this. Tired of seeing his mother's ashen face and father's grave face all the time back at home. The once cheerful palace felt more and more gloomy to him in the past few days. And on top of that whenever he heard his mother talking about the marriage his temper changes from zero to hundred very quickly.

So in the end he left Chandrasheela. He wanted to go back to city where he usually lives but decided against it and visited Madhuraye. His mother atleast had the decency to told him that his potential bride will be from Madhuraye.

He found the idea of getting married in twenties as ridiculous as watering the cactus. He don't even want to get married at all. He had just finished his tertiary education and his family want him to get married. Already.

Blame this on him being ambitious but he never likes to follow others path but wanted to create his owns. He wanted to try his hands in business , he wanted to go overseas for further opportunities, to roam the different parts of the world.

But all of his dream goes down in drains when his family announced that they want him to get married. He still remember the feeling he felt when he heard that news. It was like hundreds of ants crawling inside his skin, unseen, untouchable flames burning him from insides. His temper had surely reached its peak that day.

He remembered the feared look in his mother's eyes when he flipped the countertop dinning table as it got smashed in pieces.

The anticipated look in his father's eyes like he already expected all of that.The pitiful look his brothers gave him. Only his sister-in-law's expressions were of surprise and shock.

Nainshree, his oldest sister-in-law somehow succeeded in schooling her expression ; two years of her living with this weird family comes handy in these types of situations while Ishani's face was as ashen as was of his mother. Aanika , the newest and recent edition in the family was standing near the kitchen door with both of her hands covering her ears, pieces of broken china shattered around herself. Rudra pity her. He pity each and every one of them. Including himself.

_________________________________________

Marrying Nainshree and Nishchay was a decision the whole family supported whole-heartedly ; Nainshree is the daughter of Akhilesh Shourya, childhood friend of Amrendra. Since the childhood, the eldest children of the clans were close and when Nishchay come back from abroad he announced that, the only girl he will even think about marrying about would and could be Nainshree only.

The news elated both of the families members, their marriage soon becomes the hot topic in Aryavart. People still talks about those functions in awe and wonder ; praising the decorum and the lavishness with which the wedding was done. It was also the very first time, the four princes were seen together and that news alone bring sparks of joys for people of Chandrasheela.