7

The 15 year old, looked at the letters in awe.
7 years.
In Seven years, she had never seen her her father ever go on a date or meet people.
This is what true love was.
Something only found in books.

She opened the next one, which was dated at her 13th birthday, the previous one being at 8 years old.

The letters during the four years were torn and thrown by jin. It was of no use to him. Jungkook wasnt going to be back no matter what. But after 5 years he wanted to give it another try.

Hope.

That was the only thing that kept jin alive.

She opened it to find a wobbly handwriting. Jin had been overdosing on pills and having constant panic attacks, even after 3 years of jungkook not being found.

Such love, she sighed, while opening the letter.

Dear Jungkook.

I've tried forgetting you, but its not happening. I spent all my time with achelois.

But even after 5 years its of no use.

I'm tired of living, yet I'm going on, just because of the promise we made each other of never leaving people behind.
You broke your promise.

I wont. Atleast I wont try to.

I hate you.
I truly hate every inch of you. You make me mad jungkook why cant you just come back and lets be a normal family. I promise I'll get a stable job so you dont have to go back there again. I know you earn a lot, but I dont care about the money.

I care about you. I'm living for you for God's sake. Jungkook.

Come back.

Silently, she cried. It was 7 pm. And there were not more than 2 letters, the last one already read.
She wanted to read more. But seokjin didnt let all his thoughts out. He bottled them up because he knew his intelligent daughter would try to find out things.

She felt the pain in her heart, even without meeting jungkook.
She knew what love was. Jin had given it to her, even though he was hurting.