24. Our future

Zelda

"Layla, a word with you alone, please. It is important" she nodded and said bye to my aunt. I had let them talk alone for a while, just so they could perhaps get to know each other better. Maybe Layla would see that my aunt did not dislike her. I put my hand on her back, guiding her with me to our bedroom so we could get some privacy and not have someone listen in on our conversation. This was only between Layla and me for now.

She laid down on her side when she reached the bed after she had walked into the room with me. I closed the door and sat down beside her. I put a hand on her cheek and caressed it. My beautiful wife.

"There is something I would like to speak with you about" She looked concerned as she stared into my eyes looking for answers.

"Layla, I do not want to push you, but I want to clarify this thing with children..."

She sighed. "Zelda, it's just...I like children and I wouldn't mind having one, but going through pregnancy is such a pain in the ass"

"Wait, so you want to have a child with me?" I asked. She had not told me this before which made me quite surprised to say the least. I was happy of course but surprised.

"Yes, I would love to. I thought about it a lot ever since we talked about it. I have always wanted a child on my own, and since we live in such a huge castle it would be easy to take care of it" she shrugged. She seemed so casual about it suddenly, that is not how she reacted the first time I brought it up, but we were in a difficult position at that time and Layla was probably stressed.

"But you do not want to go through pregnancy?" I asked.

She shook her head "no, I don't. It sucks being pregnant. All that nausea and gaining so much weight and getting stretch marks and just everything"

"But Layla I am sure all that can be helped with a little bit of magic. I want to have a biological child with you. If I could I would put it in me, but then it would not be your biological child, only mine. We can hire a full-time healer in this castle, if you feel unwell they can help you"

"But my body will be unattractive"

"Your body is very attractive to me no matter what you look like. Being pregnant does not make you less attractive. It is not like you will stay like that forever, only a few months. You will be pregnant for 9 months, but we get a baby in return. Is that not worth it?" I asked. If Layla had magic she could put the child in me and I could have gone pregnant for months without hesitation. I do see Layla's point of view thought and understand why she has her doubts. It is a big lifestyle change, but I know it will also bring us happiness.

"Okay I will do it, but I wanna do it right now." I was quite surprised that she wanted to do it immediately.

I did not want her to feel rushed so I talked a bit with her. We discussed for an hour or so of the responsibilities we would have, but none of us wanted to back away so we decided that today was going to be the day we would finally make a baby. Even though it was a very rational decision it did not feel rushed, it was as if the moment we're natural for us. We were both ready.

"How does this work?" She asked. I was not 100% sure so I had to take a look in one of the spell books to find all the pregnancy spells. You see there are multiple pregnancy spells so I can choose which one I will cast. I would just pick the easiest spell.

"Just let me go see in the spellbook" I always had it in a drawer in our room so I knew where it was at all times.
I looked through the pages and finally found pregnancy spells. I looked through them and blushed. They were quite...interesting.