Prologue

Hugh Ransom Drysdale. The man who everyone feared. His employees called him a monster, his family, an asshole.

No one ever dared to disobey him. He was hard-working, disciplined, devilishly handsome but arrogant, rude, outspoken prick. In simple words, your typical handsome boss.

It had been one month since he became the CEO of blood like wine publishing which he may get in inheritance by his grandfather, Harlan Thrombey.

His son Walt was also in the candidates but Harlan chose his grandson over his son. Ransom was the most responsible and hardworking among the brats he called his children.

~

It's been a month since Ransom was bearing Marta, Harlan's assistant. He hated that girl from the start for no reason.

They were finding a new assistant for him. No one was willing to work with a monster and the people who do, he didn't like them.

~

Y/n was a carefree, intelligent girl, recently graduated from college with a scholarship. Going through job interviews to support herself.

That's how she went to the interview for a PA, though she hardly had any hopes to get the job.

She entered the room and sat in front of two people. A girl in her mid-twenties and man in his thirties.

"Hello miss y/l/n how are you?" The man asked her politely.

She replied "I'm good" with a smile.

"I'm James Barnes and this is miss Marta Cabrara." He introduced himself before starting the interview.

The interview went well, except for the experience part. She didn't have any experience working as an assistant let alone assistant of some arrogant asshole.

She smiled and exited the office. She sighed knowing there wouldn't be any you are hired, call coming for her.

She was going towards her car when suddenly a beamer came with a speed, jerking her out of the way.

"Fucker" she yelled at the man coming out of it.

She sat inside her car and drove towards her apartment ready to take a warm bath with a glass of wine as if she was living a tension-free life.

----

She was sitting on her couch watching a shitty show with a big slice of pizza ready to go in her mouth. Her hair was still damped from the bath.

Suddenly her phone rang interrupting her moment with her pizza.

She groaned and picked the phone and saw the unknown number. A part of her hoped it was from the company.

"Hello" she greeted with her finger crossed.

"Hello, miss y/l/n speaking?" A feminine voice came.

"Yes"

"Well, we would like to inform you that you are hired for the PA job. Would you be able to join on Monday?" She asked.

Y/n had to suppress her scream to answer a bid yes to her. When the call ended, she let out the scream. Her sleepy dog gave her an annoyed look for disturbing his sleep.

She sighed feeling happy and relaxed.

Now she could prove to everyone that she was able to live on her own, just the way she wanted...