~Friend~

-"May God has mercy on my enemies 'cause I won't."-

_______________________________

Play song now

She was hard to love. Hard to be happy with.

She was easy to judge. Easy to fear.

You only know what she allows you to know, yet she managed to get betrayed even with how high her walls were built up.

This is why she didn't trust at all. She didn't even trust the closest people she knew. People were bound to fuck up, whether it was intentional or not. It's in our nature.

That's why she didn't have faith. She couldn't afford to have faith after she believed in the person who wronged her the most.

That person led to her demise and rebirth. And she would never forgive them.

"We found the traitor," Blade informed her as she sat in her red velvet chair. She laced her fingers together and leaned forward, placing her elbows on the marble table. She took a sly breath, inhaling the cold air.

She didn't mind the cold. To her, it was a perfect representation of her heart.

Bitter.

"Who?" she monotoned, going back to her curt and cold words. He slightly frowned at her lack of words. He liked the way she was changing. She seemed lighter...like she wasn't as closed-off and tense.

But that was gone as soon as it came.

"Tate Harlow," he responded. She nodded closing her eyes. Tate Harlow was a quiet girl, barely 26 years old. Her age. She always looked down when Midnight walked by and kept to herself and minded her own business. She did her job good and worked hard but stayed under the radar, never doing anything wrong.

"Take her to the basement," she told him. He nodded and walked out of the office. She took a deep breath and traced her fingers over her chains, and up to her neck.

She inhaled sharply and got up from the chair and walked into the red room.

Tate kneeled on the floor, with her arms strung behind her, held back with chains. Instead of looking down, she looked up at the 2-way mirror where everyone stood.

Luca, Matteo, Antonio, Starr, Ida, Oscar, and Blade.

Midnight walked in and didn't spare a glance at them and went straight into the room. The red light hung above her light brown hair and illuminated her honey skin. She looked at her straight in the eye, Tate showed not an ounce of fear.

"Why?" Midnight asked as she leaned down to her level. She smiled apologetically as she tilted her head to the side.

"Nihil optio," she responded in Latin.

(I had no choice)

Midnight was shocked she knew the language. It was a language that Luca didn't know, and he was curious about what she was saying. He narrowed his eyes at the two women from behind the glass.

"Et instar eum. Vos semper habetis," Tate assured.

(you will figure it out. You always have.)

Midnight inhaled deeply, finally realizing that she was not who she said she was as she looked closer at her facial features. She retreated to the dark corner where no one could see her, and she could process her realization.

Erin Cline.

She was alive.

After all this time...she had been right under her nose.