Prologue

On the bustling streets of Country C, a beautiful girl was walking in a dazed state. Many people turned to catch a second glance at her.

She had luscious black hair flowing all the way down to her hips and a pair of obsidian black eyes that could pull you in with one look. Her eyes were framed by thick butterfly-like eyelashes and plump red lips that needed no makeup. She had curves in all the right places, she wasn't too skinny or too chubby, she was just right. Her body was the perfect definition of everyone's desires, good or bad. She was wearing a midnight black knee-length dress that was studded with small diamonds making her look like a part of the beautiful night sky. She had lace black sleeves and she was wearing simple black flats. But every part of her spoke wealthy even down to the simple black flats that were made by the most high-end materials.

There were a few people who recognized her as the adoptive daughter of the great Willow family.

People were whispering amongst themselves, wondering why such a high ranked person was walking around without any protection.

What they didn't notice was the dazed look in her eyes and how her face was void of any emotions. Even the obsidian eyes that they were admiring so much were actually dead.

A walking doll, dressed up to look beautiful when inside she was completely broken and empty.

She kept walking, blocking out all the noises of the outside world. The whispers, the glances, and the outright stares that were filled with evil intent.

The Girl's POV

It's all over.

The one reason I had to keep fighting and to keep living is gone.

What is the use?
Now I'm just tired.

*Hooooooonnnnnkkkkk*

*tires screeching*

*CRASH*

I lift my hand to find it stained red. A feeling of wet stickiness below me.

Oh does this mean I can finally rest without any pain?

I won't have to hide behind a mask of fake emotions while hiding my true ones?

Probably not.

Third Person POV

Everyone was panicking. The beauty that they were admiring just a second ago walked straight into an incoming truck.

Many were screaming at her to move and some even tried to pull her back but she just kept walking, out of their reach.

"CALL THE AMBULANCE! HURRY UP!" a man yelled out while hurrying to check on the girl.

"I saw some of you talking about her, if you know her parents' contact hurry up and call them" a woman spoke to a group of girls that were previously gossiping about the girl.

"I'm sorry but it's not possible for us to mix with these types of people, they're way too high for us to reach." One of the girls explained.

"Excuse me but I need you to explain in words that a normal person would understand." The woman replied while looking slightly confused.

The group of girls all looked at each other and the girl who was speaking with the woman before started talking again.

"She's from high society. She's the adopted daughter of the Willow family. There are even rumours that she's always harming her elder brother because he's the heir to the family and because she's jealous of all his accomplishments! Her elder brother is Alvah Seth Willow, he is the most handsome man I've ever seen! He even-"The girl explained but she was getting very passionate when talking about the girl's brother. But before she could fully start her passionate rant she was cut off.

"Enough, enough. I don't want to hear about a random girl's crush." The woman cut her off before she started going on a tangent.

But before the woman could ask anything else or even lecture the girl about not believing random rumours a loud shriek was heard from behind them.

They turned to find a paled woman who was pointing at the beauty's arms with a look of horror on her face.

"What's wrong?!" A person near her asked.

"S-scars" she stuttered out in answer.

The man who was checking on the beauty rolled up her sleeves to find multiple scars all over her arm. They were also hinting even more underneath her clothing.

"What the heck happened to her?!"

When he went to feel her pulse again, he got nothing.

She was dead.

A girl who went through multiple sufferings ever since she was young. A girl who betrayed at every turn. A girl who was locked up in a cage called Life, was finally set free from all her suffering.

Set free from the pain she went through.

Set free from betrayal.

Set free from Life.

Or was she?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Words: 795

I'm back!!!🥳

Did you miss me?🤔

How was the prologue? I hope you liked it.

My writing style has changed so I hope you all don't mind that too much.

Thanks for all of your support!

Thanks for reading!💕

Words: 839