II

Third Person POV

"Good. Your punishment will be you accompanying Analise in her reincarnation. You need to learn some lessons that only experience will teach rather than just being told. You can aid her when she's in trouble, it's up to you. However you cannot disturb her lifespan anymore, it needs to play out as it should. You will still get missions so you won't be leisurely. That world will temporarily be assigned to you but as you're still a trainee so there'll still be a fully fledged reaper working in that world. That reaper is in charge of you so don't do anything foolish." Azrail instructed.

"I understand father." Saiya answered, while a flash of defiance and annoyance showed in her eyes before quickly being covered up again by absolute obedience.

But then again who was Azrail, he was a fully fledged reaper, one who judges the lives of the creatures who have resided in the world of light. He was the one who decided if their path shall continue or if it comes to an end. To make his judgment he needs to know everything that occurred in their life and their current emotions. The past and the present are all needed to be taken into account before the future can be decided.

Taking all of this into account it's absolutely no trouble for him to see what occurred in his own daughter's eyes.

"You are still too young to realize the true importance of our job and the importance of a life. We take care of even the smallest creature across multiple worlds. Our job is extremely important. Do not tell me you have forgotten what our job is and the rules that were put in place?" He said strictly

"No father. There are 5 rules.

Rule number 1: We shall never play around with the lifespans of mortals, accident or not. If this rule is broken fair punishment shall be bestowed upon the one who breaks the rule.

Rule number 2: We shall always judge mortals fairly and never let our emotions cloud the result of the final judgement.

Rule number 3: It is our sole responsibility to judge fairly so we cannot let any outside forces change our final judgment.

Rule number 4: We are never allowed stop doing our job as it is one that will continue for eternity as that is the importance placed upon us.

Rule number 5 the last rule and the one that is said to be the most important of all: Never get attached to any of the beings who are assigned to you for judgment as they will all still have to leave in the end." She recited sounding slightly bored. It was most likely something that she has had to repeat multiple times in the past.

"Good. You will have a one week span to get used to the child and then you will be supervised on the completion of your missions by the reaper in charge of that world. This will continue until the reaper has judged you to be capable of completing the missions unaccompanied by them. I will remind you again, you are not allowed to do anything destructive to that world as it is not your domain. You are only there temporarily so you shall follow the rules put in place by the reaper in charge. Understand."

"Yes father, I understand." Saiya replied obediently.

After their talk Azrail takes down the sound barrier he put in place at the start of their conversation so that Analise couldn't listen in to any confidential information that could be said.

When they both turned their attention back to Analise she was
.
.
.
.
.
.
Sleeping.

There was obvious mirth in Saiya's eyes when she looked upon the scene but her facial expression showed no change from her usual indifference.

She took a step forward only to find that Analise was again awake.

"Are you done? I would prefer if it was just me staying in this place but I doubt that you will allow that to happen as the reason for my being here is still initially your fault. So it's highly unlikely that you'll just leave me here in what is meant to be the punishment for those who were judged to have reached an end to their life, even if that is what I asked." Analise stated in a bored tone.

A quick flash of annoyance and curiosity went past Saiya's eyes as she changed her initial opinion on Analise being just like another average person who came into the void.

"Oh my aren't you smart. If you know so much then why in the world are you asking?" She replied in a mocking tone.

There was a hint of expectation shining in Saiya's eyes while she was talking.

Analise who could clearly see her expectations didn't even blink an eye when she calmly replied to Saiya's mocking.

"It's called common courtesy and also giving my own opinion even if there's a chance of it not coming to fruition. Unfortunately it's all of the things that you yourself don't have."

Instead of Saiya getting offended like a normal person should she got even more amused instead and her eyes were shining even brighter with her expectations being achieved and there was also a tinge of hope that was hidden deep in her eyes.

Meanwhile Azrail on the other hand just raised an eyebrow and kept quiet while the two were talking. But if you looked close enough you could see obvious mirth in his eyes and his lips were raised upwards ever so slightly.

"The irony in that statement was quite hilarious as aren't you quite the same little girl? Being played like a puppet in a puppet show while the audience laughs at your pitiful state? You want to talk about speaking opinions out loud while you yourself haven't done that in quite a long time. But common courtesy on the other hand, that you would know a lot about. After all, wasn't that part of the script that was put out for you to perform." Saiya countered easily.

Analise on the other hand remained completely unfazed even when Saiya clearly showed the extent of how much she knows of her past.

"That is true but even then it is a play that has ended while yours on the other hand is still continuing and by the looks of it will most likely continue for eternity. While you remain an obedient puppet my strings have already been cut and I've been set free." She replies back coldly.

Azrail who was at the side should have stopped this conversation as soon as it started but he was enjoying this quite a bit as Saiya was usually quite obedient and she never shared her own opinions.

He did find that quite disappointing since he couldn't witness his own daughter living like a normal child but he knows that's it's also good for her to know how to mask her emotions completely as it'll help make the judging easier. But even if he thinks about it logically it doesn't mean that he still doesn't have an underlying sense of guilt for her having to be in a situation like this because of who they are.

But seeing her like this makes him very happy for her as it feels like she isn't bottling up her emotions like normal and is actually letting some of her thoughts out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Words: 1248

It was getting long so I'll end it here for now~

Thanks for reading!💕

Words: 1267