Soft hues of pink✔

1

His four wheel car glided on the rocky roads. He missed these mountains. After eighteen years he was returning to his home.

His phone rang.

"Salam Abu ji"

"Walaikumassalam. Kidhar tak pohanche sahabzade." (Where are you?) Abu ji, Azeem Salar was in a good mood today. His grandson was returning after so many years. His soft tone indicated his good mood which was seldom because of his responsibilities, and also his mischevious grandchildren were another headache.

"Abu ji hum bas islamabad hills par hai adh ghanta mai pohanch jaingay"(I am near Islamabad hills, will reach in about half an hour) the respect and deepness made his voice extremely sensual.

The Noori Villa was on the outskirts of Islamabad. Around the mountains, in the lush green fields.

"Ashar Sahab. Yaha anay se pehle ap apnay chotay chacha k ghar Murree jaiye. Apko pata hai unki begum ki surgery hoi hai. Wo yaha itni jaldi nahi aa saktay, Sahil ki shaadi k liye hi aingay. Baki hum sab apkay intizar mai hai. Raat tak wapas aa jaiyega"(Before coming here, you should go see your Aunt because she had her surgery, they won't be able to make it before Sahil wedding) He ordered his 30 year old grandson who replied with a ji abu ji.

"Aur ha usse bhi dekh lena aur is baar hum apki zubah se na na sunay" ( And yes. Meet her as well and this time I won't take a no for an answer)

"Ji Abu ji" he sighed. (Okay Abu ji)

His nikkah was done with his younger cousin who was actually way younger than him. He was 22 and she was 12 year old. His Uncle had a heart attack and the doctors had given up on him. He was on a ventilator when his wife had started a huge storm inside the haveli. Demanding that she be given reassurance that after her husband dies, she will be given the same amount of respect and then a long list of complaints started saying that she didn't have a son and her daughter would be looked down upon.

When the first wife of Abu ji took matters into her hands and declared that she will be wedded to her eldest grandson who will be the next Ameer when he grows up.

His chachi had accepted it and the nikkah was done while he was just informed on the phone because he was in states studying. He was damn sure the girl did not even know him.

Fortunately, his chotay chacha has survived who at first was very angry at his wife but eventually accepted it because he was a damn lucky father in law.

He had been shocked then angry which resulted in him refusing to come back but over the years he accepted it but he had wanted to establish his family business there so he stayed there.

And he also refused the rukhsati many times. He was not gonna marry a minor but he knew it is inevitable so he was finally back. How old will she be now? He thought. Does she know about our nikkah yet?

The driver stirred the car away from the road on his boss command.

He closed his eyes in frustration.

He was tired but he couldn't deny his Abu ji.

...

"Baba" A twenty year old Pariwash sat down with her father.

"Ji mera bacha"(Yes) Sabir Azeem Salar took his glasses off and put down his mobile phone on the table and looked at his daughter who had her book in her hands and a pencil in her bun, pouting heavily.

"Baba mujhe is question ki smjh nahi aa rahi...ap smjhae please." She whined. (Baba I can't understand this question...please teach me)

"Idhar lao abhi smjhata hoon" he said with confidence. (Come I'll do it at once)