Prologue

Wu's POV

I sit in my secret tea room. The crackling flames smell of a curious scent, and the silence is unusually strange. Suddenly, the steam from the tea kettle disappears and the flames turn green. I gasp.

This phenomenon is very rare. I used to believe that it was only a myth. Legend has it that when this occurs, a prophecy will be made. I cannot but be excited about it, even if my brother Garmadon tells me not to dabble in divination. He says it is nothing but rubbish and nonsense and far too cryptic. He is far more practical and down-to-earth than I.

Before I know it, I am uttering words under my breath. I do not know where they are coming from, yet I know that this is the prophecy I have been waiting for. Jade City has been in the eyes of the Shadow Knight for quite some time. Someone has to stop him. Though he has not been spotted in centuries, I am positive he will return.

As I speak, I can see my words appearing on a scroll hanging on the wall. I realize I don't even remember what I have just said. The scroll reads:
The Shadow Knight shall meet his end
And never haunt this land again
A white-haired princess will arrive
Through grief and pain she shall survive
The Chosen One will face her destiny
And finally bring this fair realm peace

I study the scroll for a bit and memorize it. As soon as I do, it bursts into flames.

I frown. Maybe that was to prevent the Shadow Knight from seeing it. But even if he did, I'm quite sure he wouldn't understand. Besides, I have never seen nor heard of a princess with white hair. The only princess around is the Princess Ruby, who, I'm sure, does not have white hair. I get up and leave the room, telling myself that it was all just my imagination, as similar things have happened in my tea room before, and they have been proven false.

Soon, I fall asleep.

Harumi's POV

The cement crumbled beneath me. Dust billowed upwards from the roof of the shaking building I stood upon, coating my dirty clothes with a fine layer of gray. My mouth hung slightly open, allowing the grime particles to settle in. Instead of coughing them out, however, I simply stared at the boy standing several buildings away. His green eyes, though not as bright as they had been before losing their glow, pierced into mine as I felt my insides shattering to pieces. Distant screams echoed in my ears, but these sounds were still somehow quieter than the silence lingering in the air between him and me.

I watched as the smoke clouds rose higher, blocking most of my vision. Maybe it was my imagination, but his face, the face I had hated for so long, remained visible the entire time.

Dust clogged my throat, making it difficult to breathe, but I knew it no longer mattered. My feet lost contact with the ground and there was a moment of weightlessness before everything came crashing down. I watched as my life flashed before my eyes. This was where it all ended.

He blinked once, and his lips uttered my name one last time.

Rumi.

A/N: Hello! How's everyone's summer going (or if you live in the Southern Hemisphere, how's your winter going)? I'm doing alright, just bored most of the time. There really isn't much to do during quarantine.

If you liked this part, please consider giving a vote :)

Any thoughts?

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day!