Chapter Two

**Flash Back**

I look over the bridge at sunset on the beach, the world is beatiful, unlike the people in it, I thought. Then I see a body with wings, flying near the shore. I gasp in shock and run to the beach, in my all black attire. I get strange looks from the locals but still run to the beach, I tear off my jacket and extend my grey wings from the holes I had cut in the back of my shirt and fly up to the bird kids, which infact, was a group. I talk to the boy with red-blonde hair, and the lightest of blue eyes. We talked for hours His name was Iggy. He ask me to join his flock. I accepted. I had finally found people like me.

I step out of the bathroom with a towel on as I forgot to get some clothes. "Uh, hey?" Iggy says, not staring because he can't, he's blind. Has been since the white coats tried to give him advanced seeing only to remove it completely.  "Hey.." I walk past him quickly hopefully not running into anyone else. I go down the hall and get into my room Changing quickly into a black tank top and grey plaid pajama pants.

I was pulled out of my cold cage, my head throbing and my feet numb. They give me a bottle of water and force me into drinking it and inject me once again. I can hear the others talking about me and then I'm forced onto a bed and strapped down. I struggle and move but soon feel woozy and black out.

I hear voices and open my eyes. But nothing's in front of me. In fact there is no color. Just darkness. I scream. I'm blind just like Iggy. "Jade!" I start to shake. "Jade, Jade." A distant whisper is creeping in my head.

Fang is holding me in his lap, I open my eyes screaming. "Shh, Jade it's okay,it's a dream.." his voice low and concerned.  He is rocking me in his lap like a baby. I move away from him quickly.  "Are you okay?" He stares at me. I look around the room confused. I was just at lab how could I be here? I see Angel peeking though the crack of the door. I think to her "go please, I'm okay" "Okay. I love you." And she leaves. Sometimes her mind reading comes in handy. I scoot up next to Fang and lay my head in his lap as he strokes my hair. "I'm okay I was just thinking about the school.."

"Stay in here with me?" I didn't want to admit it but I was scared. "Okay. I'll go grab my blankets." He leaves and I change into my shorts and through my pants on the floor. My room hadn't changed since I'd been gone.