Chapter Three

He comes in my room tripping on his blankets and the door. I laugh and he smiles while keeping his balance. "Shut up" He says jokingly.  "I'll help." I get up and he stares at me but shakes his head and pulls the larger blankets as I help him place them on the floor.

"Thanks" He says as we finish up. "Yeah, no problem." I playfully shove him and get in bed. "Turn off the light before you get comfy!" I tell him, he groans and turns off the lights stumbling into my dresser. HE curses at his pain and eventually lays on the floor after limping his way back.

"Goodnight" "Night."

I wake up and it's still dark. I look down and see Fang shivering on the floor.

I wrap my comforter around me and go down to Fang and cover him and me with it as I snuggle into his arms. He moves and pulls his hand around and on my stomach. I feel his face on my neck and his face smiling.

I wake up from a nice dream of me and the flock living life not in fear and not on the run. I still feel Fang behind me and I turn so we are facing each other. Our faces inches away. "Hey.." I say quietly.  His voice husky and deep "good morning beauti-" his face turns red. I also blush. Does he like me? I thought him and max were a thing..? Should I ask? "Thanks for taking care of me... and staying in here with me.." my voice trails off. "Uh yeah... no problem." His voices makes my stomach do flips. I like him. I close my eyes and listen to him breathe.  I wish we could stay here forever.

He stands up in nothing but a t-shirt and boxers. Why does he do this to me? He puts his hand on the back of his neck and leaves without a word.

I get dressed. Putting on my favorite shirt. It was black and had a laced back with bits of green. I pull on some regular black jeans and go into the bathroom. I put on my normal black eyeliner and brush my hair. I stare into the mirror. I looked different. It was odd. Like I had aged years in a matter on months. I brush my teeth enjoying the sensation I haven't felt I along time.