03 | blueprints

||

||

"WHAT the fuck is this?" Joker practically snorted as he and Twitch stood side by side, looking at the medium sized circle of men in the middle of the warehouse.

The loud shouts and curses drowned out the entrance of the men's CEO and his trusted right hand man. Joker rolled his eyes, moving his coat to grasp his holstered gun. He cocked it quickly, gaining the startled attention of the men in the circle. They immediately moved back, the circle breaking up to two men fighting on the ground.

Joker walked forward casually, swinging his gun around as if it wasn't at all a lethal weapon. Twitch slowly followed, his hands folded behind his back as he studied the frightened faces of the henchman.

"I see you've been dicking around while I was gone attending to business. Who's responsible for this fiasco?"

The men didn't utter a word, scattered shuffling and low mumbles were the only responses. The two heaving men on ground finally stood up on their feet, swaying ever so slightly from the previous assault.

"It ain't nothing boss, just had a lil' disagreement between men t'sall. Won't happen again." One of the bloodied henchman stated, standing tall as he tried not to gasp for air.

Joker squinted at the man, walking up to him. The clown was only a mere inch from his face, his dark eyes darting to everywhere but his before he finally spoke.

"Who started the fight?" He asked pointedly, licking his scared briefly before tilting his head towards the other man.

He didn't utter a word, continuing to stand firmly and without showing an ounce of fear.

"Someone started, otherwise we wouldn't be in this predicament. Now, somebody...fess up. Don't worry—"  he said, trying to sound friendly.

"—you won't get in trouble."

Jokers eyes lit up when he heard the other man sputter, his words music to his ears in that moment.

"I-it was him boss. He was talkin' smack, you know, I had to stand up for myse—" the man began before a loud bang enveloped the room, causing a few surprised shouts in the room because of it.

Joker let his arm fall dramatically, his gun in his gloved hand as he looked at the men before him expectedly.

"You said he wouldn't get in trouble." One of them managed to say, their eyes wide in shock.

"I ain't say he wouldn't die. I don't do well with snitches."

Twitch was getting tired of the standing around in fear, so he finally spoke up.