WHEN IT ALL STARTED/ 1ST CHAPTER

-Hurry up sweetheart! You don't want to miss the first day of sophomore year!
That was mrs.Grayson's voice from downstairs.

Me- Coming! Just a minute!
i said as i was putting on a pair of blue jeans and a black t-shirt.

The truth is, I'm not a fan of school. Ever since that happened to me, I feel like everyone is starring at me. But definitely not in a good way. I just want my old life back.

Let me introduce myself. I'm Mia Drake, I'm turning 17 in September 26th and I love dancing...actually that's all I had to say...for now.

I went downstairs and I saw mr and mrs Grayson waiting for me.

ms.Grayson- You look so pretty today, Mia.
she said while she was smiling at me.

M- Thank you, ms.Grayson. Mr.Grayson can you drive me to school, please?

mr.Grayson-Sure, Mia. Let's go!

I think I owe you an explanation. The Grayson's are not my real parents.

It all started in freshman year.
I was living with my dad Vincent and my mom Freya. I was their only-daughter and we shared a special kind of bond. We were a very happy family and we rarely argued over anything. I was the popular girl, the captain of the cheerleadering team, I had many friends and a boyfriend. I basically had the perfect life. You are probably wondering why I'm using past tence. Well, on my 15th birthday they were abroad for business. Having regretted missing my birthday party, they took the first flight to LA to surprise me. If only they knew, that there was a terrible storm coming.
Not wanting to go into details, the plane crused, making me an orphan.
My parents were all I had. When I found out, my heart broke into a million pieces. They died and I couldn't comprehend it. I was in denial for a long time.

Since then, I'm living with the Graysons who were very close to my parents and took my custody.

When we reached to school, I saw Violet, my best friend and I run towards her.

Violet- Omg Em!
my bestfriend yelled at me with enthusiasm as she was hugging me

Yeap as you just heard, this is my best friend. Violet Queen. I've known her since elementary school. She's the basic girl who everyone likes and has a crush on. She has long ginger hair and blue eyes. In other words... she's the perfect type of girl. Plus, her family runs a lot of companies here in Miami and they have a lot of money.

M- Hello to you too Vi! How was your summer?

V- I went to Italy (irony: covid-19 haha) with my parents! And it was amazing! The beach was so perfect and I met a lot of hot boys!
she said with a nasty smile 😏

V- What about you?

i lowered my head and i sighed.

M- I'm not ready yet for vacation V.
I don't think that I can get through this. Every time that I smile, or I have fun something in my mind reminds me of them.

V- Em, you can't keep punishing yourself. Don't look back and try to live your life to the fullest. That's what they would want you to do.

*ringgg*
The bell rang and our conversation ended.
First period. I have chemistry and now I'm heading to the chemistry lab with V.

*7 torturing hours later*

V- Bye Em, see you later! I'll call you.

M- K bye

I went home and there was a surprise waiting for me.

When I opened the door I saw...

------
Hello pumpkins! This my first book! Please don't judge me but above all be honest. 😁 I'll post as soon as I can! Love you all, bye xx
-Effie and Georgia.