𝘰𝘯𝘦.

brett's pov
-
"it's gonna be fun!"
"you call school fun?"
"well, i guess things have changed since i was last there."
"mom, i think that was about fifteen years ago..." i say as we head to my new school.

i don't know how to feel about it, i mean it's not like everyone's gonna hate me cause of who i am, right?

"look, i'm sure you'll enjoy it. just try and make a friend at least." she says.
"that depends on who i have the choice of."
"knowing you, you'll fit in quickly. i know it's hard to do it right after the divorce but-"
"it's ok, i think i'll be good without the pep talk" i cut her off.

we eventually reached the school and mom dropped me by the gate.

"try and enjoy yourself... for me?" she asks me.
"ok, but i can't guarantee it."
"oh, just have fun brett!" she hugs me as i try to find a way out of the car.

i get out and she drives off waving goodbye to me.

i go to the entrance and try to find my new locker, No. 309, but it's hard to tell which one's mine.

"you look lost, need some help?" a voice says behind me. i turn around to a girl with black hair and a green jacket.

"please. where's locker 309?" i ask the mysterious girl. she suddenly looks like she knows exactly where it is.

"you're in luck, i'm locker 310." she responds, making my day go along quite easier.

she starts to walk and i follow her to where i'm assuming is where our lockers is. they were actually right beside me and i guess i just didn't notice.

"here's 309. my name's grace by the way." she says.

"brett. nice to meet you, grace." i answer as i open up my locker and throw a bunch of stuff in.

"so by the loss of navigation, i'm guessing you're new here?"

"you'd be correct."

"well, i usually am in most cases so thank you."

she sounds like a narcissist but i like it.

"so what's on your schedule then, brett?" she asks me.

"i don't have one, i'm supposed to get it from the office. where is-

"follow me, i'll show you."

i shut my locker and catch up to her as she takes a turn down the hallway.

"this school is bigger than it looks" i say making small talk. embarrassing, I KNOW.

"you'd be surprised how many times you get lost. happens at least twice a week."

"well it's high school, what's there to surprised about?" i say and we laugh.

we enter a blue carpeted room with chairs in every corner of the room, and a round wooden desk.

"and you've now reached your destination" grace says.

"this is the office?" i ask.