𝘵𝘸𝘰.

i enter my first class, english. i guess i have to go ask the teacher where i have to sit since i'm the new kid of course, kill me.

"excuse me? my name is brett, i'm new here."

"pleasure to meet you, i'm mrs styles. there should be a free seat up there in the back." the teacher says to me, as she points at the lonely seat in the back of the class. i thank her and make my way to it.

"oh, brett. it's you." i hear someone say as i get to my seat.

i turn around only to see grayson in the seat across from me. not bad.

"oh grayson, i didn't know you were in this class..." i say out of shock as i take my seat and unpack my bag.

"yeah. believe me, you're gonna love it. it's actually really relaxed." he responds as a little smile appears on his face.

"so i've heard."

"ok guys, eyes up front and phones off. i know when you're on them." mrs styles says getting everyone's attention, and making people actually put their phones away.

"oh, i'm just kidding. just make sure they're on silent and on the desk face down."

grace was right, this teacher really is chill...

"ok but today, we will be discussing vampires. are they real or fake?" mrs styles says.

"fake obviously. no way vampires exist in the real world." a blonde girl a few rows up from me responds.

"oh honey, it's 2020. anything can exist in this world. ufos, dinosaurs, monster moths... want me to continue?" another girl in the row in front of me claps back at her. i have no choice but to say period and she thanks me.

"you've done some thorough research there, robyn. does anyone else have an answer?" mrs styles says.

"well from my knowledge of the vampire diaries, mrs styles. it's that many historical moments are somehow linked to vampires, and the stories seem to check out. like vervain which gives the supernatural creature quite the sting if they get it on their skin. so i think vampires in a way, are real. thank you." i say out loud as everyone in the class looks at me.

"wow brett, you seem do quite some digging into this certain subject. excellent response." the teacher says to me as a smile appears on my face.

she begins to talk about something else as grayson starts to talk to who i'm assuming is me.

"you know your stuff."

"i just watch a lot of netflix, that's all."

"well, you seem to be really good at it."

"thanks."
-
time passes and eventually the bell rings for lunch according to this schedule. i exit my fifth period which was history and boring.

i didn't get lost looking for the canteen since it was right beside the class, so i went to look for grace.

"brett, turn around..." someone says to me.