𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦.

it's math and i'm literally just sitting there beside grace doing nothing while she's getting her phone taken off her for listening to girl in red.

"great, now how am i supposed to be depressed?" she says annoyed, letting her head fall to the desk.

"in all honesty, i do have a much better selection of music." i respond. she lifts her head up off the desk and looks at me like an idiot.

"nothing is better than girl in red. well why don't we is really the only exception in this case."

"stream 8 letters tbh."

"i have to get you up to speed, this is local level brett." she replies, i just give her a shocked stare because in my days, nobody has ever dared call ME a local.

"it's the local for me."

"until you listen to more than that, you can level up."
-
after zoning out again for the rest of the period, the ringing of the bell pulls me out of it.

"did i miss anything?" i ask grace as we pack up our stuff.

"nothing necessary." she says and i nod.

"grace, here's your phone back. remember school rules please." the teacher says before we leave the classroom.

"thank you, sir."

"well, that's the last class of the day. was it a fun day?" she asks me as we walk down the hallway to the door.

"i guess you could say i like it here. i mean i made two friends on my first day, that's an achievement for me."

"well you also did talk to people our age that weren't me and iva. hint hint." she whispers pointing at grayson on the other side of the parking lot.

i'm not that good at being discreet so i full on looked at him and people i'm assuming are his friends, and of course he looked back at me. suddenly hate it here.

"i hate you, he's looking back." i say to grace hitting her shoulder.

"just wave and smile, it's fine." she says.

i actually listen to her and just wave and smile more discreetly. he ended up doing it back, oh?

"see, it worked." she says.

i resume walking and grace catches up to me.

"oh that's my lift over there." i say looking at my mom's car.

"is it your mom? she's pretty."

"thanks, and yeah i don't have my license so she takes me for now."

"how don't you have it?"

"my test isn't until tomorrow so just one more day of this hopefully."

"well, i wish you good luck in advance. see you tomorrow."

"see you." i say to her as we part ways and i get in the car.
-
"what did i tell you? i knew you'd make a friend!" mom says all happy.