𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳.

AUTHORS NOTE-
hi, ignore the time jump to the next day. i have no inspiration to write what happened when brett got in the house after school so make up your own story for that part.

-
brett's pov

currently on the way to school, and i didn't get to sleep till about 1:30 last night. i kept getting texts from my ex noah, who thinks he still has a chance with me when i've clearly moved on.

i just zone out thinking about how my driving test is after school today, which means if i pass then i can do all the stuff i've wanted to do for years.

like drive myself to school, go to the mall without my mom having to drive me there and back (that's if i didn't have a friend with me) and go to some places she has no idea about.

like clubs where they have britney spears playing over the advised volume limit, as you're on the dancefloor pretty wasted and dancing with random people, but friends as well so you're safer.

anything can happen at those...

"it's not gonna be the same, right?" i hear a voice say, snapping me back into reality.

"brett, are you listening to me?" mom asks me concerned.

"sorry, i was just thinking."

"something on your mind?" she asks with a worried tone. it's nice to know she cares.

"just excited to drive, that's all."

"well, you have to be safe and concentrate. remember?"

"i know, i won't be reckless."

"good, you know where to go right?"

"yes, i remember. i'll be fine."

"that's good then. it won't be the same, our little personal driver thing we have?" she says with a smile.

"it was fun while it lasted."

"maybe sometimes, you can drive me about if i need it."

"i knew you would say this." i roll my eyes.

"just remember where most of the money came from when you get your car."

"of course. how could i?"

we arrive just beside school and we say our goodbyes, and she wishes me good luck once again.

she drives off as i see grace just beside the door waiting on me. she runs up to me all excited.

"wow, this is something new." i say sarcastically.

"oh shut your trap. happy second day!" she says.

"i guess, but i don't see the happy about it."

"true but it is your driving test later. so something to look forward to!"

oh, she actually remembered that.

"fair enough. let's go inside." i say as we start to walk in.