neun

i wake up with a slight headache. i look over at my mom who is opening my curtains wide open. i groan. "come on, it's literally seven pm get out of bed. susan invited us over for dinner." my mom says. "we're leaving in 15 minutes." she says. i drink the water on my bedside table and i get ready. outfit above. i try and hide the bags under my eyes. "y/n! come on!" my mom yells.  i grab my phone and run downstairs.

susan opens the door for us "y/m/n, hi! lovely to see you three could make it." susan says. she hugs my mom and manny runs up to us. "y/n!" he says messing up the r's in my name (if you have any). i pick him up. "hi bud!" i say smiling. ted walks up behind susan and shakes hands with my dad. "come in come in." susan says. my arms get tired of holding manny. "goodness manny you're such a big boy!" i say smiling and setting him down. "i'm only three." manny says holding up his fingers. "oh my gosh!" i say. "y/n!" greg calls from the couch. i go and sit next to him. "y/n is like a second daughter to us, it's crazy how the four of us don't hang out much!" susan says from the kitchen. i yawn and lean into him. "are you seriously tired?" greg asks. "i had a long night!." i say. "was the party fun?" he asks. "for the most part." i say. rodrick comes downstairs. "y/nnn hey.." he says. "uh..hi?" i say confused as to why he's acting weird. "do you want to come upstairs and talk for a bit?" he asks. "what about?" i ask standing up and walking to him. he doesn't answer me but walks up the stairs. i follow him and we go to his room, the attic. "rodrick i'm honestly so confused." i say as he shuts the door. "i want to talk about what you said at the party." he says. shit. i don't even remember half of the fucking night. "roddy..i don't remember even going home." i say. "was it super important?" i ask. "well..first you said you hated me." "rodrick you know i didn't mean-" "i'm not finished..you said you hated heather. which yeah i would understand but you referred to her as my 'stupid fucking perfect girlfriend'" rodrick says. shit what'd i get myself into. "then you said that you can't hate me...because you love me." rodrick says. "fuck." i whisper under my breath. "look rodrick i know you're dating heather i'm so sorry i even said that." "did you mean it?" he asks. "what?" i ask. "did you mean what you said?" he asks. i look down at my feet for a moment before looking back up at him and slowly nodding. "y/n, rodrick, come down for dinner!" susan yells up to us. i get out as fast as i can and go to talk to my mom. "can we please go home? i feel really sick." i whisper. "no. susan made a wonderful meal for us. you'll be fine." she whispers back. i sigh and take a seat next to greg. i fucked up. i just messed up my entire friendship with rodrick. "are you not going to eat honey?" susan asks. i snap out of it and see everyone staring at me. my mom gives me a stern look. "yes! sorry. i just got distracted." i say and pick up my fork. i try my best to eat.

greg gets up to wash his plate and i follow him. i dump the extra food off of my plate and wash it off in the sink. greg grabs my wrist and pulls me upstairs. we go into his room. he throws me one of his drawing pads and i catch it. theres a pencil on the spiral of the notepad. i open it and greg sits next to me. greg's always loved drawing ever since i first met him. i kick off my shoes and lay down. greg lays next to me and draws something in his diary. rodrick opens the door. "the moms want to know if y/n is staying the night." he says. greg looks down at me asking if i want to stay. i nod. greg nods at rodrick. rodrick stares at me for a moment before walking back out of the room.

my mom opens the door and tells us she's leaving.
-
i ended up scrolling through tik tok instead of drawing but greg decided to keep drawing. i feel like ever since i realized i had a crush on rodrick i've been spending less and less time with greg. i sigh and turn off my phone. i turn to greg and hug his torso. he sets down his drawing pad and puts his arms around me. "what's this for?" he asks. "i feel like we never hug." i say. "y/n/n i have a question." greg says. i look up at him. "do you like rodrick?" he asks. i let go of him. "would you be mad if i did?" i ask. greg slightly shrugs. "you'd be around a lot more." he says smiling. i smile and nod.

"i'm gonna go get some snacks, you want anything?" greg asks. i shake my head and greg gets up. he walks out of his room and down the stairs. i get up and grab some of greg's clothes. i grab a shirt and a pair of his basketball shorts. i stand by the door ready to close it when i hear rodrick yelling. i close the door and quickly change. i walk up to the attic and knock on the door...the yelling stops.