01. A Fresh Start

ONE A FRESH START

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

ONE A FRESH START

     The sleepy town of Forks was just what the Carine Clan needed, at least that's what Henrietta decided and what Henriette says goes. So, it was move-in day. Finding a house off the beaten path had been hard, but thankfully not impossible. They had to be somewhat close to the high school since Margot technically never finished her education. Moving was never their plan, but neither had being hunted and the sisters much preferred being relocated to being dead.

"There's like three sunny days a year, so we should be perfectly happy here," Henrietta remarked with a smile as she walked past the four sisters holding a box. Henrietta was about the closest thing Josette had to a mother considering she hardly remembered her own from a hundred years ago. It really had been over a century, time flies when you have an infinite amount of it. "I'm not furnishing this house by myself, you four better start getting to work. No complaining I know y'all got vampire strength."

"Sick," Margot muttered with a sigh as she fiddled with her new phone. They had to get rid of their old ones and Margot had been holding onto her Razr for almost a decade. To be fair, the smartphones were new to all of them. That had been one of Josette's favorite things; watching the phone go from a brand new invention that took a giant box to operate to just a small item in her hand. She had always adored technological advancements, it was one thing about immortality she loved more than anything.

"Rad... why am I forgetting what that one means?" Henrietta said with a chuckle, "I'll never understand you kids. Anyway, Margot, are you excited about going back to high school now that it's been long enough to avoid any suspicion?"

Margot groaned, "High school was ass! Can't I at least have one of the girls with me?"

"I was well out of high school long after I turned so... no," Elizabeth said with a smirk as she climbed into the back of the moving truck they had rented to begin to help her mother.

"Don't worry too much about it," Josette said to her younger sister, "I'll be there with you. And Henrietta just got a job as a history teacher which means she'll be there if we need anything. It'll be easy as pie."

"How many times have you graduated high school?" Margot asked with an eye roll, crossing her arms as the older vampire slung her arm over her shoulder. "Because I'm only gonna do it once just to make Henri happy."

The oldest came out of the front door just in time to hear this, saying, "Thank you, honey. After all, it's not your fault you had to go so young."

Margot shrugged, "It has its perks. I mean, I'm hittin' thirty lookin' seventeen. Kinda love this."

"That doesn't last forever," Elizabeth scoffed as she grabbed another box and went to step through the front door. "Trust me."

Josette sighed and shoved her sister gently through the door, the two girls giggling. Turning back to Margot, she shook her head, "Don't listen to her, she's just bitchy because someone misses New York."