CHAPTER SIX. A Gathering on 57th

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter includes mature material including mental health and use of guns/weapons. Please read at your own risk. You've been warned.

GUEST CAST
Walter Perez as Stephen "Sally" Salazar
Harold House Moore as Elmer "Cricket" Roy
Jason Bateman as Director Christopher Wray
Ryan Gosling as Johnny/Ukulele Man

GUEST CASTWalter Perez as Stephen "Sally" Salazar Harold House Moore as Elmer "Cricket" RoyJason Bateman as Director Christopher WrayRyan Gosling as Johnny/Ukulele Man

THE FALLACIOUS INCRIMINATION OF ARIZONA ADAMS
VI. A Gathering on 57th

Arizona's Apartment
Dumfries, Virginia
December 24, 2015
2:15 AM

At first, Arizona believed she was going insane. Maybe the medication wore off, or maybe the voices were never there, to begin with. She was standing at the window, peeking behind the curtain at every car that passed the apartment complex. She had savored a pack of cigarettes, trying to calm her nerves, but her hand was still shaking as she put another stick to burn on her lips. She grabbed the phone out of her pocket, trying to calm the shaking in her hands as she pressed on the screen. She placed the phone to her ear, the ringing echoing through her ear. "Pick up, pick up, pick up..."

The line clicked on, a groggy voice groaning on the other side. "Arizona? It's 2 am..."

"They're coming, I think...I heard them talking" She whispered into the phone.

"Lamb..." Her father spoke. She could hear the rustling in the background, and a murmur of a woman but was quickly shushed. "Have you taken your meds?"

"They're coming! I heard them on the radio! They said there was six of them..." She said, pushing the curtain back to see the street down below. "Six bodies, they said."

Her father remained quiet on the other end. The silence was unnerving; it had told her everything that she needed to know. he didn't believe her. "I'm lying. It was on the radio! They said-" She began to doubt herself, rubbing her eyes with the back of her hand. "I heard them." She placed her phone on the windowsill, walking towards the kitchen in a lethargic manner. She could hear her father calling out to her as if he were practically screaming on the other end. Even with the small dimensions of the apartment, Arizona felt as if it was towering over her, going to cave in on her. The cabinets seemed so tall that she couldn't even reach them. She tugged on the left cabinet, her head tilting up to get a better view of the inside. She pulled away seeming unsatisfied as she moved to the other cabinet, leaving the other door open. She let out a triumphant noise, reaching towards the yellow bottle. CHLORPROMAZINE TABLETS. She twisted off the top, tossing it on the counter. She turned the bottle onto the palm of her other hand, two small orange tablets now sitting in her hand. The bottle was now empty. She sighed, casting the bottle into the trashcan. The woman grabbed the heavy-empty water bottle that sat next to the sink, unscrewing the top of it. She flung her hand towards her mouth, placing the water bottle to her lips to wash the pills down her throat. Although she knew that no immediate reaction would happen, Arizona was still disappointed at the haze of her brain. She walked towards the window, opening the curtain again.