CHAPTER TEN. The Bible Didn't Mention Us

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter includes mature material including discussion of religion and religious cults. Please read at your own risk. You've been warned.

GUEST CAST
Wiz Khalifia as 𝐆𝐨𝐝

THE FALLACIOUS INCRIMINATION OF ARIZONA ADAMSX

X. The Bible Didn't Mention Us

The Rusnak Church
Aurora, Oregon
May 19, 1996
7:39 AM

Arizona had seen everything and nothing at the same time. She sat up from the ground, looking around at the scene in front of her. Bodies were covering the dirt floor. She looked at her siblings; they had all fallen peacefully. Her arm was linked with August – they had always planned to go together – he was the only one who was frowning as if the taste of the juice had offended him.

"Arizona?" A man asked.

She turned, the man had appeared without an entrance, as if he had been there the whole time

"Who are you?" She asked. The biggest distinction of the man was that he was wearing an elaborate, flamboyant fur coat and a top hat.

He took the top hat off of his hand, placing it against his chest. "Oh, pardon me," He bowed, "I'm God."

"God?"

"What?" He asked, "Am I not what you pictured?"

Arizona shook her head. "No, God-I mean, no I just, I expected a white light."

"Well, you're not dead yet," He said, walking over the bodies, assisted by a cane.

"I'm not."

"No, you have a choice," He said, motioning with his hands. "You can live, or you can come with me, darling."

"I'd like to die."

He turned his head, squinting his eyes. She had answered too quickly, he thought. He sat on the edge of the stairs to the podium, motioning for her to come to sit next to him.

She stood from the ground, wiping the dirt off of her legs, although, she had realized, there wasn't a point. She walked over the bodies, her face squirming as she did; she felt as if she was violating their peace.

"What about the child who bares you?" He asked as she had sat.

"The child was created through sin; I cannot give birth to a deadly sin," She said, looking to him for reassurance, but he shook his head instead.