Chapter Six - Invitation?

"Golden Child, lion boy; Tell me what it's like to conquer. Fearless child, broken boy; Tell me what it's like to burn."

(Think of this as a new chapter

(Think of this as a new chapter. I changed to story slightly. The chapter about the messages being delivered to this unknown person, is cancelled. I recall the chapter back.)

Capricorn was the first one to speak up.

"Guys, what are you waiting for? We have to protect the students!" She yelled, earning many nods from the other Zodiacs.

Taurus and Virgo seemed to be the fastest out of the group as they raced across the courtyard. The Zodiacs ran through the many hallways the school had while running straight for the school entrance.

They could see the horrified mob of students who were currently running the opposite direction. Their terrified faces represented the looming threat that awaited them.

"Are you sure we even stand a chance against dark magic?" Gemini yelled throughout all of the chaos.

Libra gritted her teeth. She wasn't confident like she had always been throughout other missions they've had. All they ever did was defeat villains that had nothing to do with dark magic. And posed a low threat. The girl could only grimace as she thought back to the old days.

Aquarius pumped his fist in the air. "So long as we stay together, we can do this! People are relying on us remember? It's our job to use the blessings of our powers to purify the world." The teen bellowed, earning one fist from Taurus.

"It's more of a curse than a blessing.." Cancer mumbled, biting her lip.

The girls parents had been overjoyed when they had birthed the Zodiac child. It boosted their self esteem by the millions.

All they wanted was the power to rule the world. Her parents wanted fame and wealth. Something that she could provide.

They started giving her impossible goals, and endless hours of training, homework assignments and absolutely no time to sleep.

It felt like an million tons had been lifted off her shoulders when she ditched them to fend for themselves. Even though they birthed her, she would never in the likes of humanity call them mother or father.

If she hadn't been born with the Zodiac Powers, she could have lived a normal life with loving parents. Cancer wouldn't have to constantly work her life away trying to please the monsters that birthed her.

A hand grasped her shoulder as they ran.

"Hey" Sagittarius chirped, giving her a soft smile. "You doing alright?"

Cancer gave her a confident nod as they reached the end of the hall towards the exit.

Taurus took a deep breath in as he took one big kick at the door, causing it to fall down.