Chapter Seven - Know

"The reason why I love listening to music is because it's the only thing that stays when everyone leaves."

     "S-Shinoto

     "S-Shinoto...?" Capricorn muttered under her breath, her eyes wide.

The boy turned around to smile at her. But it was more of a grimace.

Devilo floated closer towards Shinoto. His lips curled into a malicious grin, his eyes gazing into the pair crimson red eyes he boy owned. Angelo stayed in position behind his twin, watching the Zodiac's very closely.

"It's been a while," Devilo uttered under his breath, "you still have those beautiful eyes." Devilo used his finger to lift Shinoto's chin up to face him. He only looked up at the twin with a blank and emotionless expression, his eyes empty.

     The twins were much larger than the mysterious boy. Devilo and Angelo were tall, muscular, sly. They had a very attractive appearance. But Shinoto was the embodiment of beauty. Calm and lithe.

Capricorn and Sagittarius states in horror. Their eyes were fixated on the boy they once knew and loved. The one they searched for. The very boy who created that empty void in their hearts. Until they took him away.

"Shinoto... is that... really you?" Sagittarius mumbles, stepping forward, closer to Shinoto.

The boy only continued to stare blankly at Devilo.

"Where were you for the last six years?" Capricorn paused, but was only met with silence. "Answer me dammit!"

Capricorn ran up to Shinoto. The girl was startled to see the height difference between them. She was much taller than the white haired boy. But her surprise vanished when she proceeded to wrap her arms around Shinoto.

Instead of feeling the warmth of the boy, Capricorn was met with ice. She noticed Shinoto flinched when her skin met his own. Her mind wouldn't forget that.

Capricorn immediately unleashed her grasp after feeling his flinch. Her feelings felt hurt, but her worry began to grow as the crimson eyes were filled with horror for just a second. But that second felt like minutes. As if time slowed down for a bit. And as if nothing happened, the crimson eyes were once again drained of signs of life.

"You know what we want, Shinoto." Angelo reminded him, ignoring Capricorn and Sagittarius completely.

The boy looked down at the ground, frowning. A dark shadow covered his eyes. Gemini took notice of the shaking fists Shinoto had.

Devilo took his finger off of Shinoto's chin. Letting his head come down. But nobody reacted. Everything was silent.

"One week," Devilo mumbles, "that's how long I'm giving you to decide. You better choose wisely."

"And please remind your Zodiac friends about it as well!" Angelo added. Although Angelo was quite softer than Devilo, both of the twins were malevolent beings. Shinoto was reminded of this when he glared at the devilish grin he wore.

"Goodbye... for now!"