CHAPTER 1

******************************

Zylar's POV

"Tomorrow same place, same time." Kael said coldly with his thick accent while standing up. He hooked his large thumb on the leather belt firmly wrapped around his waist and snorted loudly. I started packing my stuff into my bag whilst avoiding his eyes all the time.

He sighed and looked at me with those ocean blue eyes touched by storm, the emotion in his eyes fathoms deep and I felt my face reddening. I had never seen any emotion in them other than contempt,anger and a dark expression I never really understood.

"Got it kitten?" He queried peering closer drowning my eyes into his intense gaze. My stomach churned at his closeness and I gulped.

I glared at him fury vibrating through my being. I hated it when he called me kitten, it was the worst name ever that anyone has ever thought of christening me. Kael seemed to love it though. I tamped down my irritation and swallowed hard.

"My name is Zylar,dork!" I scoffed.
I looked into his eyes and saw my reflection in the thousand hues of blue in his eyeballs. I could see the pure venom in my eyes in the reflection.

An evil smile played on his lips and for a second, I thought he was going to laugh. He didn't; never did.

"Whatever." He sneered before walking away.

I watched his disappearing figure down the hallway and sighed. Damn him. I cursed under my breath looking away.

A red haired head waved at me from outside. It was Sasha my best friend.I quickly grabbed my stuff and made my way out.

"I thought I was never gonna see you alive again." Sasha laughed looking at me." That guy scares me stiff."

I sighed and smiled slightly.
"I can admit that those were the longest two hours I have ever had in my entire life."

"Be careful Zee,that guy is a psychopath. I don't even know why he was allowed in our class in the first place." Sasha said with a serious tone.

The word psychopath made my body freeze as raw fear gripped me.
I knew Kael had a bad boy attitude but the mysteries surrounding him made it hard for me to believe what everyone else said. He was mysterious. I sometimes doubted what people said about him. Not that I sided with him but deep down I knew something was wrong with the rumors that everyone had come to believe.

We drove in silence to our rented apartment in Sasha's old car as it made it's creaky sound. It always irritated me. I really have to get my own car. I thought for the umpteenth time peeking at Sasha who was driving. Who was fooling who? I knew I wasn't going to get any car,not from my parents. Well, I wouldn't afford one either.

"Jeffrey and Matt are already here." Sasha hinted giving me a sideways glance. I could see excitement in her big brown eyes and I knew it had to do with her boyfriend Matt. She was madly in love with him and I sometimes thought she was being too available for him.

Matt was already waiting for her outside the apartment with his arms wide open and Sasha ran into them crashing her lips with his.

"Inappropriate." I gushed looking at the kissing couple. Matt gave me a puppy look and broke the kiss.
"Don't mind her babe, she's just jealous." Sasha said kissing him again. I wrinkled my nose and pushed past them as I poked Sasha's ribs with my hand.

"Gross." I made a funny face and walked in. I could still hear their chuckles behind the closed door and the kissing sounds. Well,the neighbors had something to gossip about now.

Jeffrey was lying on my bed browsing as usual. His face lit up immediately he saw me and smiled radiantly. He didn't move; just lay there and stared at me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I grilled walking towards the bed. His eyes followed my movement as I took off my shoes and hoodie. He was expecting more. I could see it in his eyes; the desire. Not happening Jeff.
He took off his glasses and winked at me. I sat at the edge of the bed and wrapped my hands around his long neck and kissed his angular cheekbone.

"Because you are the most beautiful thing I know." He said while smoothing my messy hair.

He came closer and our lips met. His mouth was natty with the sweetness of coffee and I knew he had been at the Cappuccino's Place; the only place we got our coffee from.

Within seconds we were in my bed kissing and rolling at the same time.

"Who's inappropriate now?"
I looked up and saw a smiling Sasha and Matt.
Sasha had a red mark on her neck that wasn't there before. A love bite. She saw me staring at her and stuck out her tongue playfully at me.

"Come on guys. Get up and freshen before we get late again." Matt said looking at Jeffrey and I. Jeff didn't have a slightest intention of moving and I had to pull him out of the bed.

It is not like we had somewhere important to go but we had made it a norm to go out on Saturdays. Clubbing, bowling, partying and stuff. I didn't like going out but somehow Sasha and Jeffrey had managed to convince me. All I had to do now was grab a shower and look for something good to wear. Most of my clothes were dirty and I made up my mind to wear my old jeans and a tank top I had bought on my prom night. It was still surviving somehow despite the creases along the neck and at the bottom.

Tonight,we planned to go clubbing then bowling afterwards. I really wanted to have a bed rest and perhaps watch a movie or something but I couldn't cancel the plan at the eleventh hour. That would be rude and a great disappointment to Sasha and Jeff. Matt never cared really. I had to be there for Jeff. I had to.