CHAPTER 6

******************************
Zylar's POV

He stood up and walked towards me in quick small steps. Kael always moved like a dancer unlike Jeff who had an athletic build. It was like he was always dancing to some secret tune that he alone could hear.

I gaped openly when I observed his sharp jaw, chin and cheekbones moving rythmnically as he chewed gum. On either side of his straight nose were two blazing eyes which stared at me coldly. He had on a black cotton shirt that hugged him tight on his chest and a black pair of pants. I didn't care looking at the shoes which I knew were probably black. He always wore black. His dark eyebrows were actually graceful,but currently furrowed in a frown.

"What are you staring at?" He barked molten anger rolling through him.

He was so close to me now that I could feel his hot breath on my skin.

"Uh, nothing." I checked myself looking away in embarrassment.

He had caught me staring.

His cold blue eyes were full of intensity and his thin pair of lips forming a smirk before being replaced with a frown.

"Where the hell were you?" He vociferated shooting daggers at me.

He surely knew where I was. Any sane person would have known by the sight of my bandaged forehead and iodined bruises.

"I'm sorry Kael, I..."

"Do you think that sorry is going to cut in?" He asked looking at me coldly." I have been waiting for your stupid ass for over ten minutes."

"I'm sorry okay? I was in the hospital!" I shouted at him attracting the attention of the few students in the hall who looked our way.

My head was throbbing hard maybe because of much talking.
I really needed to sit down.

"As if I care." He said with a smirk." It is your fault you ended there anyway."

I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply. It was a temptation to walk away from him as fast as I could but I could not dare.
I didn't even know where I got the guts to talk back at him with the tone I had just used. It was like a death wish. Kael Williams was the Monday of my life and dealing with him was even harder than I thought.

"Did you even shower before coming over here to meet me?" He mused giving me an awkward look.

Did I smell?

"Do I smell?" I repeated my thoughts loudly.

"No, you stink! I think I'll start calling you piggy, kitten is way cuter on a stinking dumbass like you."

He said it loud enough for everyone to hear. The fits of laughter that filled the hall made my eyes to water.

"Next time look at the mirror before coming to meet me piggy! Your hair is so messy and that shirt you're wearing is inside out." He said raising his nose in disgust.

I looked at my dirty jeans and the large white shirt that hang loosely on my body and sighed deeply. It was inside out. Why didn't Sasha tell me! I really looked a mess.

"Ew, and don't you smell piggy!"
He threw the papers that I guessed were project work on my face and started leaving.

"Before I forget,how about you freshen up your stinking breathe with this."
He took out the gum he was chewing and stuck it on my lips before going away.

I could feel my hate for him increasing inside me.
I silently cursed the day I had been paired with him. I knew it was going to be hard but Miss Morey had assured me Kael had changed; that he was never going to hurt me.

Why did it have to be me? Somebody else would be in my place right now. Probably Lana James. They were a good match really, always picking on me.
Miss Morey must have been crazy when he made this match. A match made in hell.

"Honey,why did you leave the hospital?" I heard Jeff's voice behind me.
I didn't know I was crying until I felt the salty taste of the tears that flowed into my mouth. My silent tears turned into sobs as I flew into his arms crying my eyes out.

"Let's take you back to the hospital." Jeff whispered removing the stuck gum from my lips.

I kissed him on his left cheek and he brought his lips to mine. It was a consoling kiss that deepened at every second, hard and yet very soft. I wrapped my hands behind his head pulling him closer as our lips explored each other.

I suddenly had this impression that someone was watching us and I broke the kiss.
I looked around but nobody was looking at us. Strange.

"Let's go." I mumbled.