CHAPTER 2

******************************
Sasha's POV

The club was already full. As usual, we used fake IDs to access the premises. We didn't have a problem getting them because Matt was a genius in that.

Jeff and Zylar sat opposite us with their backs towards the main entrance. Zylar was uneasy as usual. She never liked crowded and noisy places like the rest of us. We had to drag her all the way there. She held onto Jeffrey's hand as if it was the only thing preventing her from running away. I sometimes hated her paranoia but as a good friend,I couldn't tell her that.

I pulled my short dress down hoping to shield myself from the prying eyes of the boys who sat next to us. I sighed when it didn't work and looked at Matt. He was looking at Zylar with a blank expression. 

"I'll get us drinks." He said looking at me. I think he saw Zylar's tension and decided to leave us alone. I nodded and gave way for him to pass.
  "I'll go with him." Jeff followed suit giving Zylar and I some privacy. I looked at her again and sighed for the umpteenth time.

She ran her fingers through her blonde hair and bit her lips nervously. I laughed at her terrified look.
  "What's funny?" She quizzed eyeing me with a little frown.

"Why do you look like you've just seen a ghost?"  I asked whilst chuckling softly.

She looked at me. No,she wasn't looking at me; she was looking at something behind my back. I looked over my shoulder and saw two middle-aged men in black suits having their drinks. I didn't see anything sinister. Those were just customers having a great time after a long day at work or getting away from their whining wives.

"Have you seen them?" She whispered. Her face had turned pale and for some reason this scared me.

"Yup. What's wrong with them?" I whispered back my eyes still on the men.

  "Do you remember the day Kael was arrested?"
Of course I did. It had been in the middle of a lecture when the police  had stormed in and whisked off Kael. He had come back the next day with his head held high as if nothing happened. Nobody knew exactly what the reason of arrest was.

 "Yeah,but it doesn't ring a bell." I said honestly.

  " Those are the cops that arrested him." She stuttered.
Matt and Jeff came with the drinks distracting our little conversation.

Matt made me sit on his laps as we took our drinks taking my attention away from Zylar. I could feel her fear now that she was no longer talking. From the corner of my eye, I saw her looking over my shoulder again.

  "What's wrong Zee?" I heard Jeff ask her.

She didn't answer.

"Zee thinks that the guys sitting over there are cops." I answered instead.  I earned awkward looks from both Matt and Jeff and a disgusted one from Zylar.

"Why? Don't cops also drink?" Matt questioned. He put me back on my seat and I breathed a sigh of relief. It wasn't comfortable in his laps when everyone else was staring at us.

All eyes turned to Zylar. Her gorgeous green eyes stared back at me. It was like when I had first seen her in the bakery. The way she had smiled at me warming up my cold face.
Her eyes were fire in the water,if you can imagine such a thing. They were passion in the ice.
So even when on our first meeting when she had paid for my cookies, I knew she'd be a friend for life. Never dominating or submitting but a friend who was there to stay.

"We are all illegally here." She said finally." What if they find out?"

We all laughed at her innocence much to her anger. She had a disgusting look on her face and looked at me accusingly for not siding with her.

"They won't find out babe. Are you going to tell them?" Jeff requisitioned kissing her neck.

  "I won't. I'm not stupid." She mumbled.

It was settled. She relaxed a bit and smiled. That was a good sign.
The rest of the night went on as usual save for the fact that Zylar kept looking over my shoulder. Maybe watching the men.

She didn't drink much either. Her glass was still full and kept adding her beer into Jeff's glass when he wasn't looking.
I gave her an accusing look and giggled but she didn't smile back as usual. I didn't notice what she was looking at until I felt someone tap my shoulder.