in

13:17

The clouds hid the sun away.

Atsumu awoke to the sound of rummaging of closing and opening drawers. His eyes were half-lidded; the sun filtering out through the thick curtains and window. He had noticed this wasn't his place, and he could make out the moving blur from across the room. Sitting up, the pounding headache from the moment he woke up intensified. The faux-blonde gripped his head in pain, groaning while doing so.

"Oh you're up!" the other male in the room noticed. He put on a brand new t-shirt, throwing one for Atsumu in the process.

It softly hit the other, not phased as his mind was too occupied in trying to understand his surroundings. "Bokkun?" he hesitated before his eyes had finally adjusted. The taste of alcohol remains on his tongue. He vaguely remembered last night, and he wasn't sure why he stayed the night.

"Yup, that's me. Go shower, you reek of alcohol," Bokuto suggested. Atsumu rolled his eyes, only to regret it later as his headache picked up once again. With no energy fighting back, the male stumbled his way to the bathroom. However, the headache was relentless; it was difficult for him to stand up straight, let alone walk another step. Bokuto was there right away to catch Atsumu before he fell on his side. He groaned in annoyance.

"How much did I drink last night?" he grimaced as they both walked to the bathroom. The cold tile floors proved numb at his feet and the blinding lights made his nausea even worse. The other had chuckled, not surprised by Atsumu's inability to function.

"And why the fuck aren't ya wasted like me?" he complained as the contents from last night spilled into the toilet bowl. Bokuto recoiled at the grotesque seen in front of him as he soothed his back. After some time, the older grabbed a paper towel to wipe Atsumu's face, his cheeks stained with tears. He coughed from the lack of air as Bokuto patted his back a couple of times.

Atsumu felt disgusting and weak, trying to remember the events from what happened the night before. Though, his headache prevented such thoughts for now.

"You drank my whole bottle of vodka. I told you, TsumTsum-" he started.

What the fuck.

"- that you'd suffer the consequences in the morning."

Yeah, no shit.

Bokuto decided it was best to undress his helpless friend until he knew it was time for him to leave. Atsumu winced as he lifted his arms, the older taking off the shirt. Near his ribs, there was a forming blue, purple, and yellow hue. The golden-hair eyed his body in the mirror, not believing what he was seeing. He glanced at Bokuto for answers, not bothering to use his voice to ask a question.

"SamuSamu had difficulty carrying you upstairs. You rammed your side on the wall thinking it was marshmallows," he explained. Atsumu glared at the drummer for smiling on the spot.

"Is he still here?" he asked.

"No, Suna took him home."

Atsumu nodded, suddenly curious about what time it was now. His eyes widened as he realized he could be late for work. "Shit, my shift- What time is it?" he panicked, unbuckling his belt not paying attention that his best friend was with him. Bokuto's cheeks dusted with red, turning around for him to have privacy. Clearing his throat, he spoke. "Samu told your boss that you were sick, it's ok."