Chapter Ten

"You didn't have to do that

"You didn't have to do that." Gabe told Frankie as they walked home side by side after school.

"Hey, we're best friends, plus I hate never hated someone more." Frankie told him feeling guilty for not going to school yesterday which was when it all started.

Gabe sighed, "what do you think we should do?"

"I don't know but we can try together and if that doesn't work, let's try PJ." Frankie suggested.

Gabe scoffed, "like that's going to work."

Frankie shrugged and opened the door to his house. Gabe closed the door and grabbed her hand when he saw Teddy on the couch, he tried walking away hoping she wouldn't notice.

"Freeze." Teddy said looking up from her homework, "back it up and bring it here.

They walked towards her.

Teddy put her homework aside and stood up, she zipped Gabe's jacket down to reveal his busted lip. "Gabe again?" Teddy frowned.

"Yes again." Gabe told her.

"Well, did you at least hit him back this time?" Teddy asked.

"I can't do that." Gabe said.

"Why not? You gotta take this bully down, give him a taste of his one medicine, that's the only way to get him to stop." Teddy told him.

"Teddy it's fine, I'm helping." Frankie told her, ignoring the fact that Gabe refused to tell her it was a girl and not a boy.

"Did he hit you too?" Teddy asked shocked.

"It's fine, I'm hitting Jo back." Frankie told her.

"She can hit him and you can't?" Teddy questioned.

"Just let us handle it, okay?" Gabe told her than walked past her with Frankie.

"Alright you know what?! If you won't do it than I will! I will school this kid Teddy Style! Whoo! Who-who! I need a manicure."

Frankie grabbed a towel and opened the freezer, "your sisters weird."

"Yeah, you're lucky you don't have one." Gabe told her.

Frankie put a few ice cubes on the towel than gave him it.

"Thanks." Gabe muttered, putting the towel on his lip.

"Are you going to push me away? Because my mom says a man's ego is very fragile and I know you aren't a but..." Frankie trailed off, shrugging.

"Gee, thanks." Gabe sarcastically said, "our friendship rules, remember?"

"Our friendship rules say we can't leave each other because of our family." Frankie reminded him.

"And rule seven is that we're going to be friends forever." Gabe reminded her.