Chapter seventeen

Chapter seventeen

         “A science lab? Why a science lab?” Alex followed Dan into a large white room. She had escaped Jamie’s house, and had made her way to Dan.

         “Closest thing I could find.” Dan shrugged, he placed a duffel bag he had been carrying on a small metal table.

         Alex looked around the lab and noticed another table nearby. It was larger, and had two large, what she assumed was metal, bowls on it. “What’s that for?” Alex gestured to the table.

         “Oh that? You’ll see.” Dan glanced over to the table, then went back to pulling the ingredients for the spell from his duffel.

         “Yeah,” Alex crossed her arms. “You keep saying that.” She narrowed her eyes at the demon.

         “Yeah, Dan. When are you gonna explain??” Lucifer appeared beside Alex, crossing his arms too, a teasing tone in his voice.

         Alex glared at the archangel, “I thought I got rid of you.” She growled softly, hoping Dan didn’t hear her.

         Lucifer smirked, “You didn’t do anything. I just got bored and left for a bit.”

         “What was that?” Dan looked up at Alex.

         “Hm?” Alex peeled her eyes from Lucifer and turned to Dan. “Oh, nothing.”

       “What’d that angel do to you? You’re distracted.” Dan placed the now empty bag under the table.

         “Nothing. I’m fine.” Alex assured.

         “No, it’s not nothing…” Dan looked her over. “You’re unsure that what we’re doing is right…”

         “No, no. I’m sure.” Alex tried to cover up her doubt. “This is right. Killing Lucifer, and Michael if needed, is something we have to do.”

         “Mhm. About that…” Dan trailed off, looking over the items resting on the table.

         “What? Are we gonna start? Or are you going to explain everything?” Alex got a bit excited.

       “Don’t get too happy,” Lucifer warned halfheartedly, looking at his fingernails with a bored expression.

         Alex glanced at Lucifer then back at Dan, “Dan?”

         Dan was quiet for a few moments, thinking over his plans. “Alright, let’s start.” He grabbed the jar of demon blood and walked over to a blank wall at the back of the lab.

         “Ok!” Alex anxiously followed Dan.

       He opened the jar and threw the cap aside, then dunked two fingers into the blood. Alex watched as he painted on the large white wall, unsure of what he was really doing.

         “Wait...Isn’t that…-” Alex moved her t-shirt down a bit to look at Dan’s seal.

      “The same symbol? Yes.” Dan finished up the much larger version of the seal on Alex. He walked back over to the table they were at, and placed the jar down, then cleaned off his hand on a rag.