Chapter nineteen

Chapter nineteen

         Gabriel teleported the three of them to Jamie’s house, scaring the psychic with their sudden appearance. “I’m never going to get used to that.” Jamie sighed, then noticed the collar floating a bit higher than Alex’s waist. “What’s that…?”

         Leo growled at her. “Hey, Leo stop.” Alex grabbed his collar and pulled him back. “This is Leo. My hellhound.”

         “Hellhound?!” Jamie echoed. “They’re real?! Why can’t I see him?”

         “You can only see them if you sold your soul and the contracts up. Or if you’re a demon.” Alex explained.

         “Oh…” Jamie wasn’t even going to ask about the whole selling your soul thing. “Wait...are you ok now?” She looked at Alex’s bloodstained clothing, and Gabriel’s wounded shoulder.

         “Turns out Dan’s a douche.” Alex crossed her arms.

         “No surprise there.” Gabriel commented sarcastically.

         Alex rolled her eyes, “Are we doing this or not?”

         “Yeah, sure. Not like you didn’t just nearly die or anything.”

         “What’s your problem? You said we have to do the spell. You healed me, I’m fine.” Alex raised an eyebrow at Gabriel.

         “Uhm, guys? Can you please not fight. Let’s just get this over with. It’s not going to be an easy task.” Jamie interrupted them.

         “Yeah. C’mon, we might as well do it while I still agree.” Alex agreed with the psychic.

         Gabriel sighed, “Ok. Sorry, I was still mad at Dantalion.”

         “Whatever. He’s dead now.” Alex assured him.

         “How’d you almost die by the way?” Jamie asked Alex.

         “We’ll explain later.” Gabriel waved it off.

 ~

         “Why do I have to be tied up?” Alex pulled against the ropes holding her arms down. Another set of ropes held her legs in place.

         “Just in case something happens.” Gabriel teleported in, placing one of the last ingredients they needed on a coffee table they were using.

         “Is that everything?” Jamie asked.

         “Almost, all that’s left is your blood.”

         “Right…” Jamie trailed off. “How much?”

         “Wait, why is human blood involved?” Alex butted in.

         “Makes the spell stronger.” Gabriel explained.

         “Don’t worry, you should be fine.” Jamie smiled.

         “Yeah, sure.” Alex rolled her eyes.

         “Oooh, this’ll be fun.” Lucifer commented, appearing beside Leo who stood at the back of the living room.