Chapter 2•

It has been a month since mom died and I am still sad inside. This summer I have just kept myself very busy with my part time job and helping people with yard work around the neighborhood. Just to keep my mind off it.
My dad has also been working extra as well.

School starts in 1 week and I'm kinda dreading it. I have not really made time to hang out with Hailey and feel awful about it. She texts me once in awhile but that's it. I think she is giving me space and I really grateful for that.

I am cleaning my room until I realize that I haven't ordered my school uniforms yet.

"Hey Dad!" I say trying to sound causal. I really have no money for my uniforms, I spend my money as soon as I earn it and do not ask on what, because I could write a book on all the stuff I buy.

"Yes sweety." My dad says looking up from his laptop.

"Ummm school starts in a week and I don't have my uniforms."

My dad just stares at me for a second until he looks confused and glances at his watch.

"Oh my goodness!" I'm so sorry Luna. I have been so busy with work I forgot to tell you that you are not going to that school anymore!" My dad says really fast.

What and why?" I ask

"The fees went up this year and I can't afford it. Your going to start public school and that starts in 3 weeks." My dad says to me while I am staring at him with my mouth open like a fish.

"But you and mom always said that public school would be a bad influence on me." I said

"I know, but I trust you to make good decisions and your almost 17."

After I talked with dad about school for an hour, I went back in my room and just laid in my bed thinking about what I am going to go through. I have heard and read a lot about public school that I think I know what is like. Now I'm not just nervous, my insides are blowing up. Well at least I don't have to worry about the uniforms.

Vote and comment!
Thanks for reading everyone.
Ciao, Lena