"I Think I'm In Love."

*A week later (A/N: Her outfit is at the top)*

*Max's POV*

After texting Maya, I lock my phone and get ready for my study not date with Lucas

After texting Maya, I lock my phone and get ready for my study not date with Lucas. I'm still not admitting this is a date. It's only been a week. It's too soon, right? Who am I kidding? I knew after four seconds of knowing him that I felt something for Lucas. How could I not? Once I change, I head to Topanga's, meeting him there- as we agreed.

Standing up, Lucas greets me with a smile and says, "Wow. You look beautiful." 

"Thank you." I take a look at his outfit and say, "You don't look too bad yourself.":

"Thank you," he says smiling at me

"Of course, Lu."

"So, let's see. We are studying what again?"

"Algebra," I say with a cringe.

"Fun," he says, sarcastically.

"My sentiments exactly."

To start with, we go over what we're struggling with then we move on to what we do know. About thirty minutes later, my Mom brings us some snacks- Peanut Butter M&m's- and some water. We thank her and take a fifteen-minute break.

"Tell me something."

"Like what," I ask.

"Anything."

"Ok, um. I have an obsession with tiny things."

"Really?"

"Yes, really."

"Interesting."

"What about you?"

"I want to be a veterinarian." (A/N: pretend he never told Riley.)

"Wow, that's amazing."

"Thank you. I've never told anyone that before."

"Not even Zay?"

"Not even Zay."

"I feel honored."

"You should. I feel like I've known you for a long time. Like you're my best friend. Is that weird?"

"That's not weird at all. I feel the same way."

He lets out a breath of relief and says, "Ok, good. I was worried."

"What were you worried about?"

"I thought you were going to think I was crazy."

"Not at all," I say with a smile.

"Good."

"Can I ask you something crazy?"

"Shoot."

"Is this a date?"

"Do you want it to be?"

"I... I want it to be."

"Then it's a date." My face turns red at that.

"Can I be honest with you?"

"Of course, Maxine."

"This is my first date."

"Mine too," he says making me smile.

My alarm goes off and we go back to studying. When dinner time gets closer, Lucas walks me up the stairs and to my apartment building.

"Thank you for today."

"Of course, Ma'm." There he goes again tipping his imaginary cowboy hat. He kisses me on the cheek and we say our goodbyes. I then walk upstairs and enter my home. Sighing in content, I sit on the window seat and reminisce about my time with Lucas which causes me to grin like mad.

"Maxy," Augie exclaims.

"Auggie!" He hops in my lap and I wrap my arms around him.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too, buddy."

"How was your date?"

"Who told you it was a date?"

"Maya." 

"Did she now?"

"I'm gonna strangle her," I say jokingly.

"You're funny, Maxy."

"I should be a comedian, huh?"

"What does that mean?"

"It means that someone is funny for their job."

"Oh. You should do that."

"Ok. I will."

"Yay!"

"I love you, Auggie."

"I love you, Maxy."

After my little chat with Auggie, I get dinner started for my mom. This is something I did for my grandma while I was away and it is something I continued when I came back to New York. You know, just little things to help out because my mom is so busy. What with being a lawyer and running her cafe. Tonight we are having spaghetti with garlic bread and green beans.

"What are you doing?"

"Starting dinner for Mom."

"Don't screw it up. Like everything else you do."

"I know how to cook, Riley."

"When did you learn?"

"From Grandma." I've gotten better at handling her. I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm a good person and that people love and care about me. She's just jealous. That's all. Maya, Farkle, Smackle, Zay, and Lucas have been a big help. I also started seeing the school counselor- which is very beneficial for me.

"She probably did it out of pity."

"Give it a rest, Riley."

"Why are you so rude to me? You know, this is exactly why you were sent away."

"I was sent away because of you."

"Stop being such a liar."

"I almost died because of you. You are so lucky that Auggie was too young to remember that."

"You only did that for attention."

"God, Riley. Just stop. Ok? It's not going to work. So, just stop trying to get a rise out of me!"

"You can't yell at me!"

"Grow up!" Riley storms off, slamming her door in the process. Apparently, she didn't like what I had to say. I don't care anymore. I will not let it affect me any longer. Especially if it threatens my happiness. And that includes Lucas. It may be too soon, but I think I'm in love with him.