"If The World Was Ending."

I woke up this morning feeling woozy

I woke up this morning feeling woozy. Why you may ask? Well, let's recap, shall we?

*Flashback*

I walk through the door to see Auggie, my Dad, and Riley sitting on the couch.

"Hey, Dad."

"Hey, Sweetie. How did studying go with Lucas?"

"Good," I say unconvincingly. Not because something happened with Lucas though. No, it was because of what Riley texted me.

"What's wrong, Honey?"

"Nothing, Dad."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course I'm sure."

"Ok..." he says, not quite believing me. I don't blame him.

I then walk to my room, hearing footsteps behind me. I am suddenly dragged into Riley's room. Great.

"Where were you?"

"Riley, I already told you where I was."

"I don't believe you. You're a lier, so tell me the truth. Where were you?"

"I was at Lucas's place studying."

"Stop lying!"

"I'm not!"

"Yes, you are!"

"No, I'm-," I was cut off by a loud slap. A slap so strong I fell backward, hitting the edge of her bed- which just so happened to be made of metal. Hearing the loud crash, my father rushed in.

"What is going on here?!"

"Max tried to hit me so I pushed her in self-defense! I think she should be sent away again. I don't feel safe, Daddy," Riley says with crocodile tears in her eyes.

He looks at me and then at Riley. "What's the truth, Maxine?"

"She accused me of being a lier and then she slapped me," I say holding my head, my speech slightly slurred.

"Daddy, she's lying!"

"Riley Mathews! Be quiet!"

"Da-"

"Ferp," He yells at her. Then he walks over to me, picks me up- trying not to jostle me-, and carries me to the living room.

"Dad, I don't feel so good."

"I know. I'm going to call your Mother and then we'll take you to the Emergency Room. I'm pretty sure you have a concussion..."

*End of flashback*

He was right. I did have a concussion. Not a major one but a concussion all the same. I sit on my bed for a little longer, willing myself not to be sick. After I visited the E.R., they gave me anti-nausea pills and advised me to take tylonal for the pain. I was also told not to look at any screens, read, or write. I could go back to school but someone would have to be my partner so they could write down my answers. This was going to suck. I finally get up and get ready for the day (A/N: outfit at the top).

"Hey, Baby girl. Do you want to take the subway today or do you want me to drive you," my mom asks.

"I think I want you to drive me. Loud noises make my head hurt."

"Ok, let's go then. I'll get you breakfast on the way."

"Ok."

*Lucas's POV*

I am currently looking at my phone trying to get Maxine to respond. Why won't she answer? 

She always answers and if she doesn't, she explains why she didn't answer

She always answers and if she doesn't, she explains why she didn't answer. I feel sick with worry. Where is she? 

As if reading my thoughts Farkle says, "Stop fidgeting so much."

"I'm sorry. It's just, where's Maxine?"

"She's right there," he says pointing to a bench near some lockers. I swiftly walk over to her and sit down.

"Maxine?"

"Lucas, hey," she says laying her head on my shoulder. Today she is wearing her hair down and she's wearing glasses? I've never seen her wear glasses before. I'm not saying she looks terrible in them, it's just weird.

"Are you ok?"

"Totally."

"Maxine," I say with a pointed look.

"Fine, I have a concussion..."

"What?!" I whisper yell because I know loud noises will only make her head hurt worse and I don't want to be the one who does that to her. I look at her while holding her face in my hands and ask, "Who did this to you?" I also notice the hand-shaped mark on her face.

"Riley..."

"I'll be right back." Before she can say anything I walk over to Riley with determination in my steps.

"Hey, Lucas," she says with a smile on her face- almost flirtatiously. Gross.

"Why the hell would you give your sister a concussion?"

"Let me explain," she says, having the audacity to look guilty.

"I can't wait to hear this." By now Farkle, Smackle, Maya, and Zay walk over, standing behind me.

"Well, um, she came into my room and kept saying these awful things to me... then she got really angry and tried to hit me, so I pushed her in self-defense. It's not my fault she fell against my bed. She's probably lying about having a concussion though. She always lies." Once she finishes, Maya pins her against the lockers.

"How dare you hurt my best friend?! How dare you call her a liar?! You're the lier! It wasn't self-defense... You hit her, didn't you?"

"Peaches..." Riley has tears in her eyes. Unbelievable.

"Don't. Call. Me. That," Maya says, getting angrier and angrier by the second. I pull her off of Riley and pick her up. She kicks her legs and squirms, trying to get out of my grasp- which doesn't work by the way. "Let me go! She doesn't get to get away with this! Not again!"

"I know and she won't. Maya, you need to calm down." By this point, Farkle, Smackle, and Zay walk over to Maxine to not draw more attention to the situation at hand.

"Fine, but put me down," she says. I do as I'm told and let her go which was a mistake because she lunges at Riley, making me grab her around the waist once again. Riley looks terrified- which she should. Maya may be short but she can be scary when she wants to be.

"Are you okay now?"

"Yeah, let me go. I'm gonna go see Max," she says walking away once I let her go.

"Lucas..."

"Don't talk to me, Riley," I say, walking off to join my friends. My real friends. I want to always be there for her. I will always be there for her. Even if the world was ending.