Twenty Four.

Ava | 1 month later

"Who the hell keeps turning the air down?" dad said coming into the kitchen.

"Why you looking at me? It's 'cause I'm black ain't it?" Kash asked.

I laughed and dad looked at me.

"That's you that keep putting the air on 68?" he asked.

"Dad it's hot" I said.

"Ain't you anemic? It's cold as hell in here, got me in the room shivering. I can't even roll my blunt my hands shaking so bad" he said.

"And y'all say I'm dramatic" Kash mumbled.

"You are" dad and I said.

"Don't touch my air no more" dad said to me.

"Dad, I'm literally sweating!" I said.

He walked up to me placing the back of his hand on my forehead.

"You better not got that shit" Kash said.

"Shutup nigga" dad said to him.

"You sick?" he asked me.

"I don't know, I'm just hot" I said.

"I'll go get you some medicine" he said.

"Thank you" I said.

"Go lay down" he said.

"Ok" I said grabbing a bottle of water.

I went back up to my room grabbing my phone off the charger as I laid on the bed. I suddenly got the urge to throw up but nothing would come up. I've been dry heaving for the last two days.

City Girl Hotties 🥳

Ivy: wtm today?

Ivy: bald head hoe shit y'all say 👀

Nia: I'm convinced yo ass be hearing shit

Me: she do 😂😂

Ivy: not too much on me 🤏🏾

Nia: Ava get dressed we finna come get you

Me: count me out, a bitch is sick 😩

Ivy: 🤣 ahhh you on your period? now you know how me and Nia was feeling

My period.. I went to my mom's message thread remembering I asked her to bring me some pads on my last period.

"Oh no" I said seeing the date.

My last period was almost 2 months ago. I wasn't worried when I skipped last month because I'm irregular and sometimes it happens but this month? There's two days left and both of my cousins has had theirs, and  once they get theirs mine usually comes right behind.

I did the first thing that came to my head in emergencies. I called my mom.

I tapped my nail against the screen anxiously as it rang. The call began connecting and I waited till she appeared on the screen.

"Your dad just texted me saying you weren't feeling good. You ok?" she asked.

"Mom" I said crying.

I didn't understand why I was crying. I just felt overwhelmed right now.

"Ava what's wrong?" she asked.