Chapter 6 : Time of Death

I set my laptop down on the table and looked at Liam, Scott, Stiles and Kira.

"Is three going to be enough?" I asked.

"Depends on how many cameras they have. But I think so" Stiles replied.

"Are we really doing this?" Liam asked nervously. He, obviously, hasn't been involved with some of the crazy shit we've done previously so this was all a little new to him.

"We're doing it" Scott said. "Tonight"

"Isn't it kinda dangerous?" Liam asked.

"Yeah it's incredibly dangerous" Stiles answered.

"And borderline idiotic" I added.

"You guys done something like this before?" Liam questioned.

"Something dangerous or something idiotic?"

"I think it's yes to both" I said.

"You don't have to be part of it if you don't want too" Scott said to Liam. He then looked at me. "You either"

"I'm not scared"

"Neither am I" I crossed my arms.

"Well then you're both borderline idiotic" Stiles said clapping a hand on both of our shoulders. I rolled my eyes. "If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that right?" Stiles looked at my brother who gave a small nod

"How do we even know something's definitely coming" Kira asked.

"Because the tape from Garrett's bag said visual confirmation is required" Scott said.

"Simon said the same thing. He couldn't get payed by the benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead" Stiles continued. "So the idea is, what if you kill someone on the deadpool but you cant send a confirmation?"

Kira frowned. "You don't get payed?"

"How does that get us any closer to the benefactor?" Liam asked.

"He still needs to know if the target is really dead" My brother replied.

"Especially if it's someone high on the list" Stiles added.

"So if he wants visual confirmation" I started.

"He's going to have to come and get it himself"

____________________________

Scott was lay on his bed, his eyes darting between all of us. Liam was pacing the room whilst I stood in the corner biting my fingernails.

"Are you guys totally sure about this?" Liam asked.

Kira turned to Scott. "I think Liam's kinda nervous. Maybe you should tell him it's going to be alright"

"It's going to be alright" I stifled my laugh.

"So" Liam started, his voice shaking. "You've done this before, right?"

"I've seen it done" Kira's mom answered.

"Well that's reassuring" I commented, sarcasm dripping off my tongue.

"I­is that just as good?" Liam asked.

"No" she answered.

"Mom! You're not inspiring confidence" Kira hissed.

"Good. This is a terrible idea"

"Do you want us to do it without you?" Kira and her mom stared at each other whilst Liam and I shared nervous looks. After a moment of silence Kira's mom spoke again.