Chapter 8: Finally

1:27 am

The Lizard sits on the chair of his sewer base. Looking through his computer, Scorpion walks up to him.

"Sir, " Mac said.

"What is it?" Lizard asked.

"The Spiders are coming out at night now, " he told him.

The Lizard rubs his chin. "They are huh?"

"Yeah, they attacked Rhino while he was robbing a bank, " Scorpion told him. "Electro came in to help him. But the Spiders defeated him as well and took off."

"Did they get captured?" Lizard asked.

"No, Mysterio later came in and bailed them out, " Mac told him.

The Lizard gets up from his chair and walks around. "What are we going to do sir?" Scorpion asked.

"Nothing, " he answered.

"Huh?"

"We're gonna need to analyze our enemies, " he told Mac. "We'll send out our men for them to fight. And I want you and Adrian to study them. Record them and gain all the knowledge that you can. Once we have enough, we'll come out again."

"Understood sir, " Mac replied.

One Day Later...

You run up the steps of the Midtown High and enter the school. "Man, I love comin' to school on time!" You said.

"Change of pace huh?" A feminine voice asked.

You turn around and see who asked you that. "Gwen!" You said excitedly.

Running up to her, she says "hey."

"How're you feelin'?" You asked her.

"Fine, " she answered.

"You sure? Nothin' wrong?" You questioned.

"Yeah, good night's rest, and I'm back to normal, " she told you.

"I'm glad to hear that, " you replied while smiling. "I hate to see you in pain."

Gwen smiled back now knowing this information. She gets closer to you and wraps her arms around you.

You were a bit taken off by this but went along with it. She laid her head on your chest as you wrap your arms around her.

The hug was nice and warm. Both of you seemed to enjoy it as it was a stress relief.

"Awwww, look at the cute couple!" Harry said while passing by.

You let go of Gwen as she blushes. "Harry!!" You shouted.

MJ walks by and announces "you two look so cute together."

This time, you blush hearing MJ tell you that. "What? You're crazy, " you told her.

"I don't know, " MJ replied with a smirk. "What do you think Harry?"

"Very cute, " he teased.

You blush even harder as MJ and Gwen laugh. You just stomp to class to avoid any more embarrassment.

MJ walks up to Gwen while still chuckling. "Any advancement between you two?" She asked.

"I tried to tell him my feelings toward him, but got interrupted twice, " she told MJ.

"Damn, luck isn't on your side huh?" MJ replied.

"That what it looks like, " Gwen said back.

"Well, I'm still rooting for ya, " MJ told Gwen.