✿ 1 ❀

V

"Your name, please?"
"Ah, Victor."

After having scribbled my name on the carton cup with a permanent marker, the worker hands me my order. For breakfast, I have a mocha cookie crumble frappuccino and a fresh plain bagel with cream cheese - while I'd usually just bite on a toast at home.

"Thank you."
"Of course, have a nice day, sir."
"You too."

I pad out of the place and inhale the fresh air. It is 6 in the morning, the perfect moment to go for a walk. But 5 o'clock can also be a nice time.

The tranquil sound of the camera trigger lets itself be heard. I like to capture the scenery of landscapes or pretty buildings at this time of the day, because of how the morning sky gradually lights the urban structures of Germany.

After a while, my phone emits a few guitar sounds, my ringtone.
"Hello?"
"Hello Victor, this is Marwin."
"Good morning, sir."
I hear him scoff.
"Victor, you can be casual with me! We're colleagues, and I don't bite."
"Yes, well... I'm not used to it quite yet," I say with the corners of my mouth raising. "How are you?"

"You see, I think you sent me the wrong version of the audio file."

As Marwin speaks, my eyes meet those of a girl studying my figure and face, but I look away and keep walking, used to this kind of behavior.
"The song cuts midway, and half of it is silent," he continues. "Perhaps the file was wrongly sent, or it could be a lag... I'm not sure."

"Did you try to make it load again in the software you use?" I ask.
"Yes, and I opened the file with another application, but... no change."
"I'll be at home in no time and see what's going on, all right?"
"All right, you got this. Thanks, man."
"Thanks for the info. Feel free to call me for any other inconvenience."
"Of course, goodbye, and thank you again!"
"Goodbye!"

A few last photographs later, it's time I turn back and head home. I step towards the entrance of my apartment, located in the beautiful Munich. My morning walk was short today but whatever, I tell myself.

Now let's see the problem...
I open my desktop computer session, producing a gentle sound of keyboard keys under my fingers. My hand moves my mouse to show the messages I sent.
Hm. Seems like I didn't wait for the file to render, and clicked 'export' too soon yesterday. This made it get some damage.

I open the file I sent and sigh. When someone wants to save some time, they can waste a lot... especially when they're tired and aren't conscious of their actions.

I make the file render again, which takes a few little minutes. Once it's done, I attach the new file in a new message.

< Hello, Marwin.
This is Victor. I'm sending you the audio file for track 1 again, hopefully with success. Send a reply to this message if you meet any obstacle. >

[ scenery_new.file ]

I've been doing music professionally for about nine years of my life. Marwin, my coproducer helps me with my job in many aspects.

I'm not signed under any company. I rather record and make my songs in the very comfort of my home. These songs are sent to Marwin, who's a decade older. His job is to verify the lyrics and production quality... he's astounding. Marwin uploads my work on streaming sites, but we sometimes do it together.

I consider myself as an underground artist, composer, and producer. Fame isn't really my thing, but I have some fans or admirers. One thing I enjoy doing is to meet and chat with them individually in a coffee place. I even made a few great friends this way, and it's how I met Shanice a few years ago.