✿ 2 ❀

JM

Dry are my sheets as I breathe over my pillow, my lids stuck together. The light of the room falls onto my face, bothering my sleep a notch. My body starts to move, and I sigh.

"Nooooo, I wanna keep SLEEPING!" I say internally to myself, hugging my pillow.

Yesterday, I reviewed that one video that was sent to me, explaining the choreography I need to learn when I'm in the next filming site. The choreo is quite easy, but remembering every move takes some time. I stayed up until quite late.

Yet I manage to wake up at 10AM this morning, taking some time to eat breakfast and revise the choreography again, but not as hard as yesterday.

After some thinking, I decide to take a shower. I was quite sweaty when I went to bed, and the smell is even more intense right now... Ew.

I proceed in undressing and looking at myself in the mirror, and that's when it hits.

It's today. The day I'm meeting the one named Victor B. Friedrich. Shit, do I have the right clothes? Will I have time to practice? Thank god I was about to take a shower anyway.

As soon as I'm done, I brush my teeth and look at the time. I have an hour to not be late. I'll take some casual but still presentable clothes: grey jeans and a black dress shirt, a yellow T-shirt on top to make it pretty. It's autumn, so a light coat and a beanie would complete this outfit.

I bring an umbrella with me in a little bag along with my phone, some money, and a notepad.

A notepad is important when you meet people, because they can tell you things you have to remember, like their website, songs they want you to listen to, or just about anything.

The clouds are a little grey, I notice as I step outside. The neighborhood seems to have waken up in slow motion, which sets me in a rather calm mood. Suddenly, my phone vibrates.
"Hello?"

A woman's voice.
"Good afternoon, this is V's manager, and I call to confirm the meeting. Will you be present?"
"Oh, yeah. Sure, I'm not far away from the place. Thank you."
"Good, if you arrive too soon, you can sit to the reserved table. V is also on his way. Have a nice meeting, you two!"
"Thank you miss, have a nice day!"
"You too, goodbye!"

What a nice manager this is.

A few little minutes later, I turn the corner and see the coffee shop. The door closes before I see who just got in. Could it be him, V?

I push the door and step to see the prettiest place ever. Dozens of tables are set, all wearing a red and white polka squares naperon. Chill jazz music is playing, and I see some costumers eating and having a nice time as the light hits them softly, coming both from the ceiling and the windows.

I check my phone: 12:58. Perfect! I walk to an employee.
"Excuse me? Sir? You see, I have a meeting right now, and I was told to go to a reserved table..."
"Oh, of course. Reserved tables are up the stairs, our friend V is waiting for you. You'll see him right away."
"Ah! Thank you, sir."
"My pleasure."

Wow, even the place knows him.

I follow his words and see about four large tables and two little ones on this "upstairs" that is actually a sort of huge inside balcony. There's that man with a brown sweatshirt, black curly hair (and a little mullet) hanging his long gray coat on a hanger near the table.

Of course, I'm smaller. I was born small, I am still quite small. I can (sadly) easily tell who's taller. He is taller. And I don't like that. But it was gonna happen anyway, so I ignore it and walk towards him.