Chapter 1

Dear Catherine Parr

I like you, no, that's not right. I love you. You probably hardly notice me, I mean I'm just your best friend's cousin who you let hang out with you because you pity her. I'm nothing special. I'm just Katherine. Kat. Kitty. I don't even know who I am really. But you. You're so confident and perfect and lovable. I don't know how someone could not fall in love with you.

From Katherine Howard

I stare down at the note in my hand, sighing. I screw it up, tossing it over to my pink wastebasket. I don't have enough to write another one, Anne's already here to drive me to school.

Grabbing my backpack, I run downstairs, knocking over my brother, Charles on the way.

"KATHERINE!" I ignore him and jump into Anne's car.

"Hey, Kat!" Anne waves, and starts driving.

"Hi." I answer flatly, and face the window, I'll never be able to tell Cathy how I feel. She hardly notices me at all.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine." We arrive at the school and get out, heading to our lockers. Anne's is 1123, and mine is 1127 so reasonably close. Cathy's is 1119. Putting away my things and grabbing my english book, I walk over to Anne.

"What class do you have? I have English," Anne asks.

I smile, "Advanced English!"

A short, fluffy-haired girl comes into view with Jane, Catherine and Anna behind her.

(The following section is an excerpt from 's one-shot. I did change a few words though to make it fit better.)

I watch as Cathy walks down the hallway, Anne hits my arm and I look at her. "You're staring again," she says and I sigh.

"Well, I just want her to notice me. She hangs out with you, Catherine, Jane and Anna. You guys are all popular and I'm just the nerd who's your cousin." I say and Cathy turns to me, I quickly look down and Anne raises her eyebrow at me.

"Look, if you want her to notice you, try writing her something. Something with writing and reading," Anne says and runs over to Anna, giving her a kiss on the lips. I smile and stand up, walking to class.

(The excerpt ends here.)